Plain 'ol "Punkbuster" error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain 'ol "Punkbuster" error.

Okay, so, I run Vista, and I've had this problem months ago. Somehow I fixed it, I have no rememberance of how I did it, and i've searched all my previous posts here, no dice. Okay, so I join 2142, join a server, five second after i enter, bam, I get kicked out and I get a plain old box with PUNKBUSTER in the top left hand corner. I've tried everything. Using pbsvc.exe, pbsetup.exe, manually updating, disabling and reenabling pnkbusta.exe, run as administrator, run in compatibility mode, even editing the registry. No dice on everything. Is there some trick I forgot? Please help, I only need to run the game long enough to reenter myself again on the leaderboards so I can register my 2142 on Battlefield Veterans.

Re: Plain 'ol "Punkbuster" error.

going through the exact same thing right now, amonst many other bf issues. it's frustrating as all hell. i'll be happy to share a fix if i come across one.

Comment

Re: Plain 'ol "Punkbuster" error.

Have you tried using pbsvc to remove punkbuster services, deleting the pb folder in Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\ then install pbsvc and run pbsetup.exe?

Comment

Working...
      X