• Show
Clear All

• 2141 won't start at all not even the intro screen

My 2142 game won't even start. Here are my specs:

ASUS P5B Dexluxe LGA 775
    8800 GTS with 512MB
    2GB memory Corsair
    Intel Core2 CPU6400 2.13 GHz

I've updated the video drivers, re-installed the game, tried to run it in administrator mode, and reinstalled direct-x. No dice.

Any help *much* appreciated!

Re: 2141 won't start at all not even the intro screen

Did you delete the battlefield 2142 in Documents when you re-installed?

Comment

When I uninstalled I checked the delete profiles option. I take it that's not enough?

Comment

That would normally be enough. The game may be conflicting with some software on your pc. The usual suspects are cd/dvd emulating/copying software.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That apparently isn't the problem. It's worked in the past. I don't know what happened. Anyone else? Assistance much appreciated.

Comment

does the splash screen even come up? are you running a widescreen monitor? i had that problem & it has to do w/ the resolution of all things. if you are running a widescreen, try this

right click on your bf2142 icon on your desktop
            click on properties
            in the line titled "target" add "+widescreen 1" to the end
            (do not add the quotes & be sure to add a space between the last line & what you add)

Comment

I haven't been able to play since the latest update, maybe it has screwed ur game up too?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevortt View Post
                I haven't been able to play since the latest update, maybe it has screwed ur game up too?
                1.50 has been so problematic & caused me more frustration than you can imagine. i can no longer play northern strike. i get frequent in game freezing & pausing that lasts anywhere from a couple of seconds to about 30 & sometimes a complete lock up. just sending a buddy request freezes the game for about 15 seconds, what's that all about? when i click on my awards in bfhq i get a crash to desktop. problems, problems and more problems. still no help from EA either

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle View Post
                  does the splash screen even come up? are you running a widescreen monitor? i had that problem & it has to do w/ the resolution of all things. if you are running a widescreen, try this

right click on your bf2142 icon on your desktop
                  click on properties
                  in the line titled "target" add "+widescreen 1" to the end
                  (do not add the quotes & be sure to add a space between the last line & what you add)
                  Thanks for the reply. My command line was:

"C:\Games\Battlefield 2142\BF2142Launcher.exe" +playNow 1 +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

I changed it to:

"C:\Games\Battlefield 2142\BF2142Launcher.exe" +playNow 1 +menu 1 +widescreen 1

Unfortunately there was no change. No I do not see the splash screen.

I click on the shortcut and vista asks for its usual prompt to execute. A second or two later it asks for the prompt again. Then the 'rotating circle' appears above the mouse that you usually see when a program is executing in vista (equivalent to the hourglass). That lasts for about two or three seconds and then it disappears.

If I watch the task manager screen the .exe appears briefly and then disappears.

That's it. No splash screen, no black screen, no introscreen.

I've also tried to reinstall, twice. The second time I just reintalled the raw game with no patches. No change.

The funny thing is 2142 has worked fine on this machine and operating system in the past. At some point it just stopped.

Thanks much for the assistance everyone. Other ideas welcome.

Comment

I use the other bf2142 shortcut with the command line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +restart 1

so if the path for yours is correct, try changing it to:

"C:\Games\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +restart 1

The Play now shortcut never worked afaik

Comment

I tried your suggestion using the non-play now shortcut. No luck unfortunately.

What is the effect of +restart 1 ? I didn't have that in the command line originally.

At this rate I'm getting 2142 withdrawal.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitalix View Post
                        I tried your suggestion using the non-play now shortcut. No luck unfortunately.

What is the effect of +restart 1 ? I didn't have that in the command line originally.

At this rate I'm getting 2142 withdrawal.
                        I have the same problem recently, and the only thing I haven't tried is to reinstall EVERYTHING, which is what I'm scheduling to do tomorrow.

However, Crysis demo still runs.

Comment

What do you mean by everything ... all apps? Re-install vista?

Comment

Originally posted by Vitalix View Post
                            What do you mean by everything ... all apps? Re-install vista?
                            Yes, exactly, everything from Vista 64 to, mmm... BF2142. Sorry, no serious business on that computer, so the "apps" are only games and TV tuner (and VIsual C++ 2008). I did that last night and now I finally can play BF2142 on my rebuild. If you don't want to do that, then it's probably not a bad idea to find another old hard drive to install an XP. I know it's a PITA to do so, but, fortunately, I don't have anything important installed on that hard drive. I found it doesn't run after I changed configuration and messed with different versions of NVIDIA drivers. Now it's a clean install with newest drivers I can find, and no problem anymore.

Comment

Ea/dice = phail!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X