Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVAR's

Hi Guys

Was kicked/banned from a server for somthing about CVAR but they unbammed me because I told them Im not cheating/hacking(witch is true Im not) I went to PB info to see about CVAR's and it saiyed to see what your CVAR is and if it match to server's CVAR's typr in the console pb_cvarlist and you will see if all is good or if some are off.
    what I did was:

1) on a server pressed the ~ key for the console.
    2)then typed pb_cvarlist and hit enter.
    3)nothing happened only thing was the pb_cvarlist went up as if I sent a in-game message to all the other players.

If I have never played with my CVAR's do you think it could have been something else? and what would make it so that a server would think I was cheating/hacking?!

need to Find a fix for this or what happened.

Any help please.

Re: CVAR's

You need to do /pb_cvarlist not just "pb_cvarlist" - I usually just press tab which will add the / at the start if it is a 'valid defined' command...

Comment

OK guys I found what the prob is but I don't know how to fix it.
      it seems when Im on a server and it goes into overtime I get this message:
      "Cvar g_compassShowEnemies(=1) and it sould be at =0" something like that.
      I did read that I had to look for it in my PBfiles(pbsvuser.cfg, pbsv.cfg ect) and get rid of it but I looked can't see it or Im looking in the wrong place it's making me nutts any help please, also I have no idea how this came about never happened before till about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your time and help:salute:.
      Rick

Comment

You probably didn't notice it because you didnt' go into overtime mode before with those "PB exploit preventation" cvars, which are not needed anymore due to 1.7 patch fixing the problem.

In your pbsv.cfg you should find "g_compassShowEnemies" somewhere, or even in the pbsvuser.cfg - If it's not in either of those - do you have any other .cfg files in your PB folder? i.e. a pblog.cfg or something? Which may have the cvar blocks in it.

Comment

I going to take a look, it will only be in the PB folder? and if I do find it what should I do then?

still can't see it Im looking in= C:/program files/Activision/Call of Duty 4- Modern Warfare/pb
          don't see any cfg files.

Data base files that are close to that ie pbsv(DAT file) and the same looking 1 thats a data file.
          IT says this when clicking on them "Editing or modifying them could damage your system"

Comment

You are looking on the SERVER and not your PC for the pbsv.cfg right?

Comment

Im looking in= C:/program files/Activision/Call of Duty 4- Modern Warfare/pb.

Yes Im looking on my PC in the CoD:4-MW file in the PB file. Do I need to go on a server to do this? Im a player not a Admin/server.

Sent you a PM.

Comment

I misunderstood you a little, I thought you were the admin for a server and you were getting kicked by your own server....

You are fine, you shouldn't get kicked anywhere else (any other servers) - the server you got kicked from is not setup correctly, the server admins need to remove the "extra PB dvars."

If you could tell the Admin of the Server that they need to remove the "extra PB dvars" that were needed to prevent a big exploit then you will be able to play and not get kicked like this again. These "extra PB dvars" are not needed anymore, as the exploit was fixed in patch 1.7

If they are unsure what dvars to remove, have them contact me.

Comment

OK just so I understand, this is what it is.
                  When Im playing on a server that is SAB/Hardcore server and the game is in overtime.

1)Me the player get's this:
                  "Warning: Cvar g_compassShowEnemies(=1) must be EQUAL TO 0"

2)And that warning has nothing to do with me/player it's the server fault that Im see that "Warning" message?

3)Theres nothing Wrong with my Cvar's?

4)But if I went into the console (~) when playing on a server I could type:
                  "Cvar g_compassShowEnemies 0" Tab botten then hit Enter and it would be saved at 0?

5) Or do I wait because there will be a patch/fix for this soon?

Thanks for your time. I will get those Server names for you do you want me to PM the names? I O U a beer.

Comment

PM or Post here, don't mind

1 & 2) All other players in the server should get warned and kicked too but only because the server's PB is blocking a default command...

3) No, nothing is wrong for you, it's the server.

4) You can't change g_compassShowEnemies from 1 to 0. It is cheat protected, so you can only do /g_compassShowEnemies 1 to set it on IF the server has developer map on (devmap mp_backlot) and it is set on by the server during overtime mode, it is normally off by default, the server only turns it on for each client during overtime mode then resets it/turns it back off when that has finished.

5) Patch 1.7 was the fix for the exploit, you should have this installed and play

Comment

Im glad to know it's not me, I do have 1.7 installed I hope that this gets fixed in the 1.8.
                      Thanks for all your help and info, I will PM you those server names and info.

Thank you:salute:.
                      Rick

Comment

Just 1 more thing if you don't mind.

1&2 that you ans for me Im not getting kicked I just get the warning from all those servers.
                        I got the ticket back from PB about the g_compassShowEnemies and the guy said just bring down the console(~) and type in " " 0 enter and you you will be fine does he not no that like you said it's cheat protected!? PB shoud talk to you and maybe they can learn something.

Comment

lol, some people at PB really don't know much... they just think "oh you hack, no its true you do!" -_-

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]DO|*=DaN=* View Post
                            lol, some people at PB really don't know much... they just think "oh you hack, no its true you do!" -_-
                            I think If you actually spoke to the PB staff, you would find you are very much mistaken. Considering they get thousands of troubletickets a day (and I have to read a good number of them as they are connected to PBBans ban appeals) - they do a bloody good job. No-one knows PB better than they do

Comment

Working...
                            X