Orange Box on PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Box on PS3

Im thinking about getting the Orange box for my PS3. Has anyone tried it on a PS3 is it worth it? (And don't reply with crap about PC is only system worth playing it on)

Re: Orange Box on PS3

Well i have some bad news for you. The PS3 version was outsourced to EA, and apparently they messed it up bad. From what i remember the frame rates would regularly drop to a level where playing the game was impossible. I cant remember the source exactly and honestly i'm too lazy too look it up right now. If someone else can find it, thanks in advance

Comment

PC is the only system worth playing on.

Not really the Xbox version is fine too, but with the PS3 version less people will be playing tf2, and that has the most replayability.

Comment

The updates haven't got over to PS3 either!!

Comment

Valve are hoping to ship the updates over to console soon though.

Having watched various Youtube videos of the OB on console, most are complaining about the poor gameplay, graphics issues and all sorts. Also i think that the general consensus is that the OB on console is rubbish

Comment

On another note, has anyone played tf2 on xbox 360? does it play decent?
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheJob View Post
              but with the PS3 version less people will be playing tf2,
              This may not be totally true. I believe that TF2 is cross platform. I know because i have a friend who got it on PS3 and one day i saw an engie with the same name he always uses. I called to see if he was playing, he was. I asked if he saw a pyro named Voop_Bakon, he did and i asked to tell me every time this pyro taunted, and he always got it right. So i dont think there will be a shortage of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Voop_Bacon View Post
                This may not be totally true. I believe that TF2 is cross platform. I know because i have a friend who got it on PS3 and one day i saw an engie with the same name he always uses. I called to see if he was playing, he was. I asked if he saw a pyro named Voop_Bakon, he did and i asked to tell me every time this pyro taunted, and he always got it right. So i dont think there will be a shortage of players.
                And it wasn't one of the free weekends?
                The info I can find says that it was originally intended to be cross platform, but they decided not to release it that way

According to Valve's Doug Lombardi, it "introduces more problems than it is worth." He further notes that Valve would only implement cross-platform play in a title that was designed for it from the start.

Comment

PS3 has a capped FPS at 30. That alone is ****.

No updates or anything and the most horrible thing of all: you don't use mouse and keyboard :shock: Which in turn makes the whole game a big 2fort-engie-spam-fest

It's a little bit like UT3 on consoles, it looks good and so on but the gameplay is absolute crap compared to the PC version.

The only thing that is better about X360's TF2 is that the FPS isn't capped and they have gotten a few updates. Other than that it's just as ****ty.

Comment

ahh UT3, if only that had cross platform play I could hammer the gamepad users into oblivion

but yes the OB on the PS3 isnt very well done, mainly because EA was given the job of doing it, it is waaaaaay behind on the update side and is overall

poop, well TF2 is, Im sure the single player games will be better, but dont expect much

Comment

I might give it a rent. Im expecting a cheque soon and it will be enough for one game. So im looking into what I should get. I figured Orange Box because its the best bet so many games for the price of just one other ps3 game.

Comment

Working...
                      X