CoD4 Demo Simple Toggle Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 Demo Simple Toggle Script

This "script" will allow you to easily toggle recording of a demo. The script will take a screenshot when you stop recording, this should help when trying to find out how long a demo is, since in a BFE server it would display BFE Time Untill Next Map :salute:

Note: When you use this script, demos will be recorded using the following incremental name format: demo####
    So the first demo would be demo0001 then the next demo you record will be demo0002 and so on.

Ok first off, lets open up your config_mp.cfg -> Located in one of the following places:
    • Vista:
      DriverLetter(Local Disk):\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\
    • For Vista 64 bit:
      DriverLetter:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\
    • Default being:
      DriverLetter:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\

Default:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\profilename\

Open the file in WordPad (or another text program, Notepad works but WordPad is better for this) now add the script above the "// generated by Call of Duty, do not modify" line (or inbetween that line and unbindall line).

In my config I just replaced the "// generated by Call of Duty, do not modify" line with the script:

Code:
    //BFE Demo Toggle Script By *=DaN=*
    seta demo_start "record; seta demo_bfe vstr demo_stop"
    seta demo_stop "screenshotJpeg; stoprecord; seta demo_bfe vstr demo_start"
    seta demo_bfe "vstr demo_start"
    Now simply add a bind to "execute demo_bfe" like:

bind (key) "vstr demo_bfe"

Example to use in console:

Code:
    /seta bind F5 "vstr demo_bfe"
    Or just edit your config_mp.cfg and make sure this line is in:

Code:
    bind F5 "vstr demo_bfe"
    So, after finishing my config_mp.cfg this is what it looks like, I have removed the lines/binds between TAB and F5:

Code:
    //BFE Demo Toggle Script By *=DaN=*
    seta demo_start "record; seta demo_bfe vstr demo_stop"
    seta demo_stop "screenshotJpeg; stoprecord; seta demo_bfe vstr demo_start"
    seta demo_bfe "vstr demo_start"

unbindall
    bind TAB "+scores"

// [I]lines removed, omitted[/I] ...

bind F5 "vstr demo_bfe"
    Hopefully this should make recording demos a whole lot easier :salute:

Tip: Try to only record demos between 5-10 minutes long so that you don't need to skip 40 minutes of a demo to film that 'good shot' - Simply double tap the key to stop a demo and record a new one.

what format does that record in?

Comment

Same format as CoD4 demos... .dm_1

The script works with all CoD series games and any other game that uses "vstr" "record" and "stoprecord"

Comment

N1 dan

Comment

I remember the first time you posted this up dan, I was using it right up until the end of cod2

Comment

Ya only change from that one is the added screenshotJpeg when turning off the demo - which should be helpful in BFE demos...

Comment

Had to fix it a bit, had demo_bfe and demo_togg, so replaced demo_togg with demo_bfe so it works fine now!

If you don't want it take a screenshot just remove "screenshotJpeg;" from that line.

Also if you put it into your config_mp - when you run the game then go back to your config_mp, the script would have "moved" from the top, this is because the game automatically sorts each line from A-Z, so if you can't find where the demo_bfe, demo_start or demo_stop lines are you can just use "ctrl+f" to find them

:salute:

Comment

Re: CoD4 Demo Simple Toggle Script

Oh this is for CoD4 - Simple Demo Toggle Script (record/stoprecord with same button)

Thread Title seems misleading, and might make people think it only works for the CoD4 Demo... it works for all CoD series.

Comment

bind alt+f4 vstr demo_bfe

Eitherways, thanks a lot, makes recording far easier!

Comment

You do know alt+f4 doesn't close CoD4 (or CoD2) and I'm not sure if CoD4 supports key binding sequences... never tried it out...

Comment

Working...
                    X