Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no VOIP????

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that several of the severs do not have the voice enabled in-game. I'm trying to figure out why it would be off at all. Would it be due to a lag/bandwidth issue? Annoyance issue? Or do most sever owners perfer to use a third party voice service like Team Speak? When my buddy and I play a round together we are so much more effective with the Voip on and it's a critical tool that can be the difference between life and death on the battlefield. Any thoughts -thanks

Re: Why no VOIP????

in the pre-demo beta it caused crashes so it was disabled sometimes but Im pretty sure that was fixed so cost???

Comment

VOIP is free if you are hosting it off of your own server. If you want an external VoIP server (for better quality & less lag) you have to pay.

Other than that, just because it sometimes doesn't like to work.

Comment

the Knights of Freedom, IIRC, doesnt have it enabled b/c they want their server clean from curses and such.

Comment

Some server companies disable it by default and it can occasionally be a pain to enable if you have to open up ports in your firewall.

Other than that, I'm not sure why anyone would turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy
            the Nights of Freedom, IIRC, doesnt have it enabled b/c they want their server clean from curses and such.
            That's ridiculous, how is it people are so offended by just words these days? Its peoples actions they should be worried about.

Comment

if you go onto their homepage, they say that they are committed to having clean gaming.
              btw, are you the same kalo shin on xfire and the modeler for ERM?
              EDIT: ya, you are....

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo
                That's ridiculous, how is it people are so offended by just words these days? Its peoples actions they should be worried about.
                UAF servers are insta kick and most of the time ban for cursing. However they're not intelligent enough to do what KoF does.

Comment

i curse all the time if i get pwned.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsly
                    i curse all the time if i get pwned.
                    Most people do. Although last night some chump yelled at me on VOIP for trash talking in chat. I don't remember what server I was on though. IMO, trash talk is part of the game!

Comment

I am an Ex KoF Leader...."Elder" and we tried to get voip there. They are very inflexible with their rules even when leaders reccomend change. I was the Elder in charge of 2142 in the clan up until 3 months ago. We started a new clan =SoV= Soldiers of Valour with similar values without the uptightedness. We have voip, but our admins police it and we warn and kick as needed. I have my son EaglesPhan032, and Bucky who is 7 in our clan and playing with us, therefore the clean environment. Come join us for competitive clean play with rules that are enforced to make a fun game for all.

LeeJr03205

Comment

I talk how I want. If somebody doesn't like it they can kick me off their server. After all, the game is rated Teen.

Comment

In MIA VOIP is monitored and we do kick/ban for language. For the same reasons, we have kids on also. Not a lot, but some that show more maturity than others "as far as the game goes". I dont think the VOIP causes lag. I know that we (MIA) recommend using our TS server if your playing with us, but Lag isnt the reason. Some say that running TS on the same server you run the game on can cause lag I havent seen that on ours yet. So I would say the whole language thing is probably the reason.

Comment

Easy just filter the non VOIP enabled servers out :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                            X