Video Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Settings

Why does this god foresaken game either completely ignore changes to video settings or chanegs them randomly?

If I log in under a different name, it will change the settings of all others.

If I change the video settings, why do I have to restart the bloody game?

After restarting the game, why do my changes not take affect?

I had to vent, its driving me up the wall.

Re: Video Settings

just do this... right click on my documents, go to properties, and unselect read only.... apply this to all subfolders and subfiles.

my guess is that when you have changed your vido settings in game, they werent saving to the file that has them because its set to read only. the file is somewhere int he bf2 folder in my documents so this would be the cheap and nasty way to fix this problem.

of course then you have to go back into the game and change your settings again, and then restart for them to take effect, but then they should not change again,

Comment

All folders and files on your computer are read-only, it has nothing to do with your problem. You could try it, of course, but I doubt it would solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
        All folders and files on your computer are read-only, it has nothing to do with your problem. You could try it, of course, but I doubt it would solve it.
        what?

i know its fixed my problem in the past.

do you have anything to contribute? doesnt do any harm to try this.

Comment

I gave it a go, to no avail. Still randomly alters my settings, usually textures up and AA down. Very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx19
            I gave it a go, to no avail. Still randomly alters my settings, usually textures up and AA down. Very annoying.
            You should try it the way it is resetting it to.. AA should be off. it just decreases game performance.. And makes the game look funny to me. And texture filtering should be on high.. If you want the full scope of settings just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by clementsjd1
              You should try it the way it is resetting it to.. AA should be off. it just decreases game performance.. And makes the game look funny to me. And texture filtering should be on high.. If you want the full scope of settings just let me know.
              I play sniper the majority of the time, and so I need to have AA on. Otherwise I'm flinching at anything that shimmers. I have everything on low or off, excluding geometry, AA and viewing distance. I'm running a Q6600/7600GT/2GB RAM.

Comment

Working...
              X