First impresion of tf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First impresion of tf2

I usually load in first or second..Thanks to my dandy Samsung Spinpoint 750GB F1

Faster than a raptor at some stuff and a hell load more storage

Comment

Indeed, raptors are terribly overrated and crap value for moneys compared to the other drives out there

Comment

they are still faster than 99% of the drives out there, plus who needs huge storage on a gaming machine.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

HDD speed won't affect your lag as much as you might think...

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
            So i was playing css when a popup came up the screen whit the mesage free weekend TF2. First i though screw this i not into the cartoony crap but then again i though what the heck it s free might just try this thing. And WOOW it just sucked me in. I started playing on saturday from 1.00 am till 9.00 pm. The last time that i have played for so long was when bf2 came out. Never sins i had played so much. Normal when i m playing css,cod4 it hold s for 1 hour and then i just have no interest in playing it. So yeah if ther is some1 that reading this and also though **** that cartoony game you might aswell think again. :salute:

ps buying the game monday :yay:
            That's the main problem in getting people to try this game, realism is the thing nowadays, the mindset is that if you're leet, you want to play games as realistic as possible. And vice versa, if you like games like tf2 or halo, people think you're a noob.

Think about it, what game has some of the highest number of elitists? (By that I mean people who practically make the game their second job, and snub their nose at casual gamers.) CoD4 and CS:S. Battlefield comes in third in my opinion, but there's a lot of opportunity for teamwork (medics, ammo packs, multiple position vehicles, etc) in battlefield, so that helps at least.

I once tried playing insurgency mod for HL2, people wouldn't even tell me the map obj. People like realism because they think it makes a game cool, then they cry for balance, not realizing that it's impossible without detracting from the realism, since real life is not "balanced".

For me the important thing is if the game is fun and interesting, not photo-realism with twenty different variations on the M4....

/rant

I'm glad to see valve bucking the trend with tf2, and I'm sure they realize that many people will be hesitant to try the game because of it's cartoony-ness, thus they came up with the free weekend concept. Without the free weekend, a lot of people wouldn't have gotten the game.

Originally posted by jazzman930
            I thought the same hellsent, but then I got better and didnt die so much. and now I love tf2, my favorite game..:awes:awes:awes:awes
            TF2 gets a lot more fun the first time your on a good team, that actually has some medics (other then you), and a balance of classes. Also, the game can be frustrating at first when you don't know your way around, and don't know when enemies are likely to pop up.

Comment

Working...
            X