8 bots on a 64 player map!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 bots on a 64 player map!

ok im making a mod and i need only 8 bots on ONE SIDE Gulf of oman 64 plr map.

so i want 8 bots on MEC and me on USMC...is that possible?

i might be able to live with some bots on my side cause they will just be stuck on the carrier...

Re: 8 bots on a 64 player map!

bump
    ````````````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

Originally posted by tha17
      ok im making a mod and i need only 8 bots on ONE SIDE Gulf of oman 64 plr map.

so i want 8 bots on MEC and me on USMC...is that possible?

i might be able to live with some bots on my side cause they will just be stuck on the carrier...
      search google for 64 player sp mod

it will give you 64 player maps w/ 2-128 bots.

If your making a mod you will need to edit some python...

Comment

Has nothing to do with the map really, just the game settings.
        For co-op mode you would edit the mod's AI\aidefault.ai file and set the number of bots to 8 (read the documentation in the file). Then when you play, set the bot ratio to 100 and 'number of bots' to 8 and there should be 8 bots on the enemy team and none on yours. (With bot ratio at 100, 'number of bots' means number of bots on the enemy team out of the total number of bots set in aidefault.ai.)

If you play much SP/co-op (especially if you're interested in modding it) you need to check out the forums at http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ld.gamespy.com .

Comment

wow thanks ill try it out and post back if it works.

Comment

ok i got 2 problems...coop dont support 64 player maps, AND i keep crashing to the desktop when i try .

please reply

thanks
            tha17

Comment

Originally posted by tha17
              ok i got 2 problems...coop dont support 64 player maps, AND i keep crashing to the desktop when i try .

please reply

thanks
              tha17
              For SP and co-op on 32/64 map sizes (and on the vanilla maps that include no SP/co-op at all) you need modded maps:

Comment

hey thanks for the reply! big help.
                here is what i did...
                i downloaded the singleplayer mod and i put my modded oman map file in the singleplayer mod levels folder... but now i still crash to the desktop once "verifying client data" is finished. ill try playing with it a little and post back if i get it.

Comment

What all have you changed in the map? Have you run in windowed mode to see if you get an error message?

Comment

what i changed is that i made my own control points nothing like the original ones and things like that.

i did not try running it in a window yet, usually when i do that things like the letters arnt in their boxes right, and coloring is off a little like red blue and green...ill try it though.

again, im puting the OMAN folder that i modded with bfeditor into the bf singleplayer mod levels folder, and deleteing the oman folder that was originally in there.

Comment

Look in the server.zip and make sure it has an AIPathFinding folder.
                      Are you running the last version of the editor (1.3 released around May 2006)?

Comment

yes i have the pathfinding file. and i think i got the latest version but i will check again.

Comment

Working...
                        X