Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Ultra High' Settings

Do want better graphics card!

Currently, the highest settings that texture resolution can can be set to is "Very High". The command in the console that controls this setting is "mat_picmip". Looking at mat_picmip, the values go from 4 to -10. The higher the number, the more compression the texture is under.

Low settings: mat_picmip 2
    Medium settings: mat_picmip 1
    High settings: mat_picmip 0
    Very High settings: mat_picmip -1

Here is the Very High settings compared to my own settings while looking at an object.
    As you can see, there is a lot more detail in -3 than there is in Very High's -1 setting.

This image shows -1, -3, and the maximum value, -10 all together.
    The leap between each of them is very noticeable, but there's a point before you won't really notice the detail, especially in a heated game. Other things such as in-game resolution will effect how well you will notice the higher settings, too.

I understand Valve's reasoning for not having any higher settings, as many of the people who play this game run it at medium-ish settings. I just thought I'd put this out there, for those like me who want every little graphical upgrade they can.

Re: 'Ultra High' Settings

Hmm. I have the GFX potential but not the processing power

Comment

I have neither this is pretty old school though right? Came out way back, cos i remember looking at the different screens of bottles and tiles.

Comment

I'm looking forward to raping these settings in a few weeks.

Comment

Woah I was quite amazed at the difference. I'm going to try it out now and see how much of a fps hit I take.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo0by
            I'm looking forward to raping these settings in a few weeks.
            Snap im hoping to build a new PC just before i go to Uni

Comment

So, for the highest settings, i need to type in: "mat_picmip -10"?

Comment

Ya but that could hit your fps pretty hard, I think -1 is more conservative but who knows cos ive never done it :hmm:

Comment

I am trying -10 :awes

Comment

I might updgrade my Mooby to a Hawkers. I heard you get more bangs per buck with a Hawkers upgrade

Comment

;[

dont i satisfy you?

Comment

I only messed around by my self so I didn't test the fps that much and I forgot to take screenshots. The text on objects, like in the screenshots, is the only thing I really noticed. I hardly noticed any difference between -1, -3 and -10, pretty much no fps drop between the last two, but around 30fps drop between -1 and -3. If it was multiplayer the fps difference might of been a lot though. If I took screenshots and went back over them I might of noticed something but just running around and looking closely at... "things" I hardly noticed a difference.

I might try it later on servers with other people though, see how much my fps drops.

Comment

Personally im thinking of upgrading my Oli to a newer faster deaddecoy, cos then i will get more APR (Assists Per Round), however if that means i need to give up my sexy times, then i will stick with the old school Oli, he gives me good bang for the buck

Comment

Woah! cp well is not a good map for me. Give me the second stage of Dustbowl or the last stage of Goldrush and you can whore the assists of me as Hawkers will tell you

Comment

Tested. There is no difference between absolute max in options and using the mat_picmip command.

Comment

Working...
                              X