Question about mpdata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mpdata

I bought my game through digital river/best buy, but I hate it because I have to wait about two weeks for every patch (I hate it so much so that I complained to the BBB and got a refund). Anyway, if I bought a DVD copy of this game, would I be able to keep my stats? I'm not one of those guys who can make level 55 general in two hours, I'm only at level 43 and I don't want to start that crap all over again. Is the mpdata tied in any way to each individual CD key?

EDIT: according to the sticky, I would lose my data. Has anyone ever tried it?

Re: Question about mpdata

The mpdata file is linked with your product key.

Im not sure how the digital product key is but you could try to use it on your hard copy.

You could try installing the game using the digital CD-Key, copying your mpdata file over to you new directory then launch the game goto multiplayer options and change the cd-key to the one supplied with your hard copy.

Comment

mpdata is linked to CD Key, but if you load up the current installed game (the digital copy) and change the CD Key ingame (it should have this option in the options menu) and change the CD Key to your newly purchased DVD CD Key. Then check your rank and it should still be Level 43, join a ranked server real quick and just play a round or two, get a few kills... quit the game then go into your CoD4\players\profile\profilename\ folder and backup your "new" mpdata to your desktop.

Then (I guess you have to reinstall when switching from DD to DVD version) so just reinstall the game and move your mpdata on your desktop into the profile name folder and your rank would be level 43 (or whatever it was).

Comment

Thank you both for those suggestions, I will try it out as soon as I can find a hard copy of the game.

Comment

Save your profile folder from your digital download. Go into regedit and do a search for "codkey" That will be the key your digital download is using. Write that down.

Install CoD4 DVD and create the same profile. Choose the option in CoD4 to change your CD key. The key you wrote down, type it in. Test the game to make sure everything is working. Exit the game and copy your profile.

This is just a suggestion and I dont know if your key will be there or not, but it wont hurt to try.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
          X