Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Offical Half-Life 2: Episode three information thread

Plot (mostly speculated based on the events of the end of episode 2):

-Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance are traveling north to an arctic region in attempt to find the Borealis (a boat owned by Aperture Science which mysteriously disappeared), and whatever technology was on board.

-The Borealis has some sort of advanced portal technology as it caused the entire ship as well as some of the dock to be transported to the arctic region. The portal gun may be this technology, but seeing as the Borealis disappeared before the Combine invasion occurred, and portal takes place after the Combine invasion this may not be the case.

-Dr. Judith Mossman requires rescuing.

-Combine Advisors may be in development as an enemy as when no clipping at the end of episode two you can find the two advisors that kill Eli, and when they are shot at the react to the shots as if they are being injured.

That's essentially all of the plot known so far, as Valve has not released any information about Episode Three, and as of February 2008 Valve has not completely worked out the plot themselves (http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=181670)

This will be updated as I find more information, or you give me some.

Re: The Offical Half-Life 2: Episode three information thread

Episode 3 is going to be a long way away. Almost as long as longcat

Comment

Yarly

Comment

Originally posted by Oli
        Episode 3 is going to be a long way away. Almost as long as longcat
        Surely not.... :shock:

Comment

Seriously, this topic will probably have at least a million replies by the time it comes out.

Comment

Episode three is going to be epic if it'd include Portal related whatsits.

Comment

I'm not so sure, you never know it could come out this fall In fact i think it might, in the form of Blue box bundled with CS2 and Portal 2, maybe this winter maybe wishful thinking but I reckon when it does come out it will be bundled with these games

Comment

Super wishful thinking there Smush

I know L4D this November.

Then Portal will come late summer early Autumn of 2009. Episode 3 maybe in 2010.

TF3 chucked in somewhere?

Edit: Although i can see them doing another bundled box of games, considering the huge success of the Orange Box

Comment

lol, Episode 3, or Half life 3, if they decide to skip that far forward won't be a while imo

i mean you have Left 4 Dead and Portal 2, but the latter is a while off at least and we have had no news about any more hl episodes, so are most likely deep in the development phase

and I wouldnt expect a CS2 etc until there is a new engine etc etc

Comment

Nahh Episode 3 won't take that long, and i can see it comming with Portal2 and Cs 2 for sure, i think i read an interview with Doug Lombardi, or Gabe Newell where he spoke about the next cs comming in an orange box type bundle :banana:

Comment

The source engine is being dragged out like long cat. I could see a new engine coming maybe?

Comment

nar all they said about CS was that it was still on their minds and an important game, depending on Episode 3 is released I'm willing to bet it will be the last half life game on the source engine (maybe an updated version of the OB one)

I reckon they will end the series with another full length game though

Comment

Yeah, im sure ive read somewhere there will be a half life 3 (or 4 if you count the episodes as hl3) I think you guys might be right about that being on a new engine though.

Comment

You do know that Portal was just prepwork so that everyone will know how to use the gun thing in ep 3...

Comment

Little did they know that it would be better than HL2 :awes

Comment

Working...
                              X