Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got Cod4.. unlock advice?

Hi

Any tips for CoD4? such as what unlocks to get, which to avoid.. good maps to play..?

Re: just got Cod4.. unlock advice?

You unlock unlocks automaticly, so can't choose them.

Also try to avoid the map Shipment when it has more then 6 people in it.

Comment

Be careful with thinking that TDM is CoD4. It's only a sixth of CoD4's fun

Just play, there isn't much more advice to give.

Oh and if you don't want to be called a noob don't use any weapon in the game at all.

Comment

oh i thought it was like bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf
          You unlock unlocks automaticly, so can't choose them.

Also try to avoid the map Shipment when it has more then 6 people in it.
          ya, and wetwork is bad too, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Shipment with even 12 people is scary.

Comment

Just play and you'll get unlocks. :P

They're not even unlocks, just another step really.

Comment

Once you start getting unlocks, we can make you some awesome kits like;

M16 with Grenade launcher
              Claymores
              UAV Jammer
              Martyrdom

Use cover and try not to make noise by crouching or using dead silence perk.

The AK47 has a bug in it where certain attachments weaken it. Using it plain is the probably the best.

P90 gives you a sprint bonus, also a bug that probably wont last much longer after the next patch.

There are also some good tips in the tips sticky.

Have fun and hope to see you around.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

To rank up quickly I suggest the 24/7 Shipment or Killhouse servers... just get any weapon and spray into the spawns, you'll eventually get the headshots you need/kills needed for each weapon...

To work on getting more XP, I suggest SD only servers, you get more XP per kill and more for winning rounds, plus SD is how the game should be played... unless you like spawn camping/getting spawn camped :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Dan2k3k4
                  To rank up quickly... just get any weapon and spray into the spawns
                  Although this is effective, it is also extremely arsehat-ish behaviour, and will annoy your fellow gamers to no end. Put yourself in their place, spawning and dying over and over. It's lame. Don't do it.

Originally posted by Dan2k3k4
                  To work on getting more XP, I suggest SD only servers, you get more XP per kill and more for winning rounds
                  While I agree that the objective-games are the way to go, and a lot of points are available in SD (Search & Destroy), but because there are no respawns, it can be frustrating and boring for new players who do not yet have the hang of the game, and want action.

Instead, I would recommend SAB (Sabotage) or HQ (Headquarters) or even DOM (Domination)...you can run around a lot, getting points for kills, setting/defusing bombs, killing the bomb carrier, capturing HQ's, capturing flags, etc., and still be able to respawn. They're faster-paced games with more to do, and tons of points are still available. SD is fun, but only once you know what you're doing and are familiar with the game mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    Once you start getting unlocks, we can make you some awesome kits like;

M16 with Grenade launcher
                    Claymores
                    UAV Jammer
                    Martyrdom

noooooooooooooooooo

And, http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=159386
                    has some other info

Stopping power and deep impact are your best friends. Whatever gun you enjoy the most, play with the most (to get skins or attachments, such as red dot).
                    Red Dot > ACOG. M16, G3, and some other weapons do not sway with red dot, but ACOG will make it sway.

Stay in small servers, less than 32 man if you don't want enemies spawning behind you and attempting to cover every single flank

Comment

Learn the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                        Although this is effective, it is also extremely arsehat-ish behaviour, and will annoy your fellow gamers to no end. Put yourself in their place, spawning and dying over and over. It's lame. Don't do it.
                        Hey, they agreed to it when they joined a 50 man Shipment server.

Comment

Just play and have fun. MP5 is a great starting gun, and so is the M16.

We have plenty of tips located on a sticky somewhere around here, be sure to give those a look as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Iquere «
                            Oh and if you don't want to be called a noob don't use any weapon in the game at all.
                            Best post ever lol

Comment

I just love when everybody chimes in with advice on how to play and what to play...basically dude...play the game and figure out what you like/dislike and tailor your game to your play. Because with post's like this your always certain to get many mixed views...like the one im going to give now.

If you want to "rank up quickly"...spray and pray in the spawn points...but only if you join servers with small maps and 50 players...i.e...shipment 24/7...blah blah. With a server like that you have no choice..and trust there are many out there...and of course you will be called a no0b. If you use the game features and perks like "martyrdom" then once again you will be called a no0b. If you kill people with a nade launcher....guess what you will be called a no0b or the ever popular "no0b tuber". If you happen to knife someone while they are typing a in-game message or simply not paying attention while they are spilling coca cola and a bag of lays chips all over their keyboard....you will be called a no0b, basically just walk around and not use weapons and dodge kills matrix style and use harsh language to try and get kills. so what im trying to say is listen to everyone in every forum ( and you will then be called a troll) and join only max 16 player server's with 4-6 players...playing only large maps and camp for the entire round....wait no then you will be a "camper"...dont forget the tent and marshmallows....

Did I forget anything guys?....Sorry if I did, but Im a no0b! :thumbsup:

EDIT: I must be a no0bie at typing as I did not space where I should have and made a paragraph...maybe even a spelling error or three....lolz

Comment

Working...
                              X