hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard drive

just curious how much does your hard drive play a role in how smooth your game runs (apart from the server you play on of course) i mean people talk about they got 150GB Raptor @10,000rpm how much does something like that contribute to gamplay performance?

Re: hard drive

None, it helps with data retrieval, related stuff, but it won't reduce lag in game, at all.

Just go see the Tech Center, if you don't believe me.

Comment

Yep if you want your games to load extremely fast you will need to purchase SCSI/SAS drives. But be warned it might be too fast for you to handle and leave your wallet dry if you have a large amount of games installed. Your OS Drive and game drives will need to be SCSI/SAS drives.

Not very cost effective unless your doing something with a large amount of i/o and it's paying you back.

Comment

I have a 74gb raptor, only slightly noticeable in load times and verification times.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeartSmasher
          Not very cost effective unless your doing something with a large amount of i/o and it's paying you back.
          Yeah, 10,000 RPM drives are mostly used for professional, database, server, type stuff.

Comment

This game doesn't use hard drive to swap data from memory. A well defragged hard drive helps loading time =>| |<= that much. Frame rate, OTOH, is not affected unless you have <1GB RAM.

Comment

Working...
            X