Won't Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't Load

This is an odd sort of problem, since before deciding to install fresh Call of Duty 4 onto my new harddrive, it use to work perfectly fine on my old one. It has nothing to do with Patch 1.6. I try to join a game online or start my own local server and it brings up the load screen and then does nothing. It just sits there. The game tries to shutdown and go back to desktop it appears.

I have not idea what it could be. My video card has the latest drivers and its already proven itself by holding up this game numerous times before, including the demo. I've already reinstalled it too. Any help?

Okay, so my computer is a little slow, but with some patience I discovered that a "DirectX Error" had popped up.:|:

Re: Won't Load

I would say google the error..

Comment

I get a similar error when I try to run CoD2 now. The game won't even start up for me, though. I think I'm going to have to reinstall.

Comment

When I built my new system and installed CoD4, I told it no on installing the directx because I went to the site and downloaded the latest one. It did the same thing. I did the reinstall and said YES on installing directx and it was then happy.

Might try that.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          When I built my new system and installed CoD4, I told it no on installing the directx because I went to the site and downloaded the latest one. It did the same thing. I did the reinstall and said YES on installing directx and it was then happy.

Might try that.

Crunch
          Hmm well I actually just put the CD back in after installing it, went to Extras in its Start up menu and installed the DirectX components that were apparently missing. That didn't work though, so I'll probably have to reinstall it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefarious
            Hmm well I actually just put the CD back in after installing it, went to Extras in its Start up menu and installed the DirectX components that were apparently missing. That didn't work though, so I'll probably have to reinstall it again.

Dear stud.

Do you have onboard sound, or a sound card?

I had the same damn problem, no amount of re-installing would do anything. So i read around, and the problem can be solved a few different ways.

1. Plug headphones in to your front PC port(solved a few peoples problem)

2. Go into your COD4 directory into the "miles" folder. Rename mssmp3.asi to mssmp3.bak(dunno what it is or does, it does not affect the game regardless i tried to no avail)

3. Go into control panel, hardware and sound, under playback right click on your device, and "enable stereo mix"(fixed more than a few peoples issue)

4. Go to http://www.realtek.com and download the executable file for Vista32/64 drivers. Install that bad boy, make sure you proceed with the preceeding step 3(this one fixed my bug)

Good luck! Hope this gets you on the field!:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by deadman2312
              Dear stud.

Do you have onboard sound, or a sound card?

I had the same damn problem, no amount of re-installing would do anything. So i read around, and the problem can be solved a few different ways.

1. Plug headphones in to your front PC port(solved a few peoples problem)

2. Go into your COD4 directory into the "miles" folder. Rename mssmp3.asi to mssmp3.bak(dunno what it is or does, it does not affect the game regardless i tried to no avail)

3. Go into control panel, hardware and sound, under playback right click on your device, and "enable stereo mix"(fixed more than a few peoples issue)

4. Go to http://www.realtek.com and download the executable file for Vista32/64 drivers. Install that bad boy, make sure you proceed with the preceeding step 3(this one fixed my bug)

Good luck! Hope this gets you on the field!:thumbsup:
              Thanks for the effort, but while I do use onboard sound, I do not use Vista. I use XP Pro. I did try the 2nd point you made though, but that didn't work.

It probably has something to do with the version of XP pro I installed last time I switched harddrives. It was different from my last version and seems to be missing certain files that made everything work last time.

Comment

dang! i knew if posted Vista stuff you would be using XP.

Did you try the head phone deal too?

Just google "iw3mp.exe has stopped working", read up a bit, helped me out, there were actually more fixes for XP rather than Vista.

Regardless of your operating system, you just reformatted XP, i have reformatted XP before as well, and was missing the proper soundware drivers, note i say proper, i had sound, but it was NOT the current version.

If you are aware of your motherboard manufacturer, i would visit their site, and see if there is a newer version of sound drivers!!!!!!!

Sorry i couldnt help ya. =v(

Comment

Working...
                X