Aimbots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimbots

Is it just me because i am getting old (and i mean really old) or are there more people using aimbots out there?
    I am not a crap shot, just average.. but more and more people are getting me with just one shot every time.
    Its not lag or stuff, i check that.
    Does Punkbuster not stop stuff like aimbots? I find it very frustrating.. like getting taken out by a TV guided from a heli that is to far away to be seen ( how do they see me?)
    Any advice? Maybe i should join a clan:--)

Re: Aimbots

Depending on where you are with the TV guided thing, some people have had a LOT of practice on these maps by now and know exactly where and when everything spawns, so they can send TV missiles beyond the fog distance (Sharqi) and kill something there. That said, yes, there are a fair amount more aimbotters than I remember there being, but such as life, eh. Just got to hope you're on a well-adminned server that kicks 'em.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I've found since the major PB upgrades a few months ago, there have been a lot, lot less

Comment

Hmm I just met one for the first time yesterday. He used the RPK74 exclusively and always killed me with one shot to the head. Once he stole my SVD (he was on USMC at the time) and went on a rampage with it. The only way we killed him was tons and tons of grenades, which are nice and plentiful on Karkand

Comment

Because of BF2's hit reg and bullet deviation, aimbots are really only useful on snipers (mainly the SVD)

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
            Because of BF2's hit reg and bullet deviation, aimbots are really only useful on snipers (mainly the SVD)
            :laugh: If you think that's true I feel sorry for you.

I've seen kids RAGE and go 80-2 with AK101s. A G36E with an aimbot is absurd if they have it in single shot, it regs every time.

Comment

you should be able to tel the diff between a regular "in the zone" & F.A.G.S using bots lol

maybe even shoot them down

Comment

I've seen a guy stand up on a hill by suburb on Karkand with a SAW, spinning in a circle and headshotting everything that moves. Luckily we were able to put his *** on the Pbbans master list with a little help of those who were on his team and in vent (teamkilling him when he spawned) to buy us some time to get that sorted out.

Comment

In the last month or two I've noticed far more aimbotters also. That and the ability to see through walls. They seem to go hand in hand.

Comment

Lol we just opened up our server. Not even 2 mts yet. We've caught (we have PBSS) of like almost 10 guys already. We just fondn some interesting ones today. All of the info on the bottom is blocked. All white squares. Hash, name and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                      Aimbots usually finds a way to remove the deviation. Hence why some people spin around wildly and still do headshots on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sychnant
                        Is it just me because i am getting old (Age: 58)
                        Sorry Mate, but that could be a reason. Especially if you are playing against hyperactive kids... The difference between ownage and being raped is measured in milliseconds..

btw. here you can test your reaction times: http://www.steriley.com/speed/index.php

(my best average was 0,189)

Comment

Originally posted by KEIOS
                          Sorry Mate, but that could be a reason. Especially if you are playing against hyperactive kids... The difference between ownage and being raped is measured in milliseconds..

btw. here you can test your reaction times: http://www.steriley.com/speed/index.php

Yeah, I just did the test two times.
                          Best time was 0.19 - average about 0.225
                          I'm old and slow :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by KEIOS

I got on their high score list with 224 ms...

My reflexes used to be so much better. I guess they were right in that you get progressively slower with time. Yes, that's a double entendre.

Comment

I'm 58, and my average time was .231 ...not the fastest, but I think fast enough for BF2....situational awareness can make that up. Besides, who needs reaction time when shooting someone in the back, and they are not even aware your there? J/K, I know what your getting at, and your right, there's kids that run circles around me. But in the end, technique, skill, and some battle smarts, even the playing field.

To the OP:
                              When I first started playing BF2, there were no aimbots, then there was a time when they really started showing up more and more and more. Then it seems they started becoming less and less, almost to the point, I started to forget about them. Now, I think they are making a comeback. Another surge or breakthrough around PunkBuster. Its not as bad as it was, but it could get there again. Cheats are like viruses, even though they can and will be controled soon after they are released, someone will always be trying to make another one.

hehehe...I could shamefully spam our clan here, but joining a clan isn't going to do much against aimbots.

Comment

Working...
                              X