Troubles with making a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubles with making a movie

I'm using Fraps 2.9.4 on Vista Ulti 64 SP1.

It works, BUT! First, 30 FPS setting set in Fraps, made game lag in-game. So , 50 fps. Better, but still lag. But I continued to play the round out.

My Fraps settings are: Full-size, no sync, 50 fps .. that's it I think , others are default set.

Then, when played 2 rounds with Fraps (not more than 10~15 mins), woah 45GB pr0n movie.. Well, space on harddrives isn't the problem. I then tryed to watch it, with VLC.. There's audio, but no Video.. Hmm, Windows Movie Player... Yes, sound and video.. 5 sec later, movie speeds up, and audio falls behind... The movie is in like x2 speed, and sound way behind! Then the video freezes, and still sound, then video continiues, when sound and video fits. Hmm, wtf??

Then I put all of it in Windows Movie Maker, "hopefull it would fix the problems, and fingers crossed for good quality" (since I recorded it with HIGEST BF2 grapich, and on 1920*1200). Ehm, Movie Maker frozen, after 15 "publish movie".. I tryed to view the output I got, it works, BUT.. Crap quality. Lag with video and sound.

What am I doing wrong here?? :s I've always FAILED at doing video's with Fraps AND Movie MAker !

Re: Troubles with making a movie

HAHA I think someone has has a bad day.

Try another game recorder. Like WeGame.

EDIT: since the criticism was deleted I shall italify my first statement.

Comment

Yea thanks for the link on MSN Doggie, I'll try it out.

Comment

Sounds like you need to turn settings down a little so you get a smooth FPS recording. The FRAPS files should play with windows media player, however as you found out the raw fraps files will be big so try to film in small chunks.

Comment

It's running smooth, no problems.. After i said in FRAPS, "50 fps" than "30 fps" I could make it higher if i would. Now, without Fraps recording, I have instantly 99.9 FPS (locked). No drop down

But I'm trying out WeGame recorder, in HD mode

Comment

Ok, WeGame works perfectly! A 20 min movie clip - 1,9 gb filesize. Now what program, to compress it to lower filesize?

Comment

VirtualDub. Compress it as XVid or DivX - very good.

Comment

VirtualDub fails in Vista 64, with all needed codecs installed. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                  VirtualDub fails in Vista 64, with all needed codecs installed. :/
                  Search for 64bit video compress tools and see what you find.

Comment

Working...
                  X