Titan Productions needs a server... :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Productions needs a server... :/

Hi, i know there's people out there who will lend their servers for free, and i'm looking for someone who is happy with lending a BF2142 server to us with battlerecorder, we have 6 members (just started) and wouldn't use it very often, just for filming and making movies with battlerecorder, that's what we do

If there is anyone who could do us this great favour then i would appreciate it alot, or if you know anyone who wouldn't mind lending their server out to us when we need it, please reply here, thanks

We'd probably only need the server for maximum half an hour a week anyway, so we wouldn't take it over or anything either, and i don't see the point in paying for a server either when we're not going to use it for playing that much anyway

Re: Titan Productions needs a server... :/

i have never once watched a br of a titan match

Comment

Most people don't just lend their servers to random people... I just rented my own, $20 a month isn't too bad.

Comment

I know, that's why i'm trying to find someone because paying for a server isnt cheap, and it's pointless with what we want to do, i wouldn't mind so much if it was pay once, but getting you to rent one is asking you to keep paying money out all the time which i don't always have, well not for something like this anyway which isnt too serious.

Comment

Thats exactly the problem... I wasn't doing anything too serious (funny little mod I made), but running local over Hamachi wasn't cutting it (ABHORRENT lag). I had some spare change, so I rented an unranked. Its not that bad, I got anyone who wanted admin powers on the server to give me three bucks, which lowered my personal cost to $14 a month (which is only around 7 Pounds).

Asking for a server on the other hand... Unless you find someone REALLY generous, nobody is going to let you use their payed for server for something "not too serious".

But honestly, I don't think that your group will last that long. Just rent it for one month, film as much as you can and then let it expire... If you need it again some other time, just re-pay and get another months worth of footage in. I am only keeping my unranked for one month, if my mod gets some popularity after my month I will re-rent it... If it doesn't, then thats fine too.

Comment

The Sir. Community is known for their generosity. You may try asking their leader Sir. AAK625 if they'll lend you one of their servers

Comment

I'd be more than happy to set you up on one of our BF2142 servers, Shredder. Just add me to MSN/Windows Live Messenger - AAK625 [AT] Comcast.net.

Comment

Thankyou , i sent you an email about it.

Comment

Omg, I just wanna give a compliment to the sir community. This is ultra friendly of them. Good luck with ur server shredder:salute:

Comment

Glad to see you got it sorted so well

Kudos to the Sir Community, they are one of the few things keeping 2142 and its community afloat

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post

Kudos to the Sir Community, they are one of the few things keeping 2142 and its community afloat
                      QTF!

As a side note, they did a great job with shingle. A map not like the others, it's what the game needed for a long time

Comment

Thank you for your kind words guys.

We did not create Operation Shingle. My close friend Jason Brice did. I will pass along your compliments to him.

Comment

My Mistake.

I haven't played much wake, but the little i have, I've enjoyed and taken in it for what it is. I'm not gonna sit around and compare every detail to the previous version. DICE thought it was good enough for it to get added to the game so that is something the sir community can be proud of and give themselves a pat in the back for.

Comment

Thank you. We never set out to just copy and paste Wake from the previous versions. We made it because we wanted to make a film on it, not because we wanted to get it ranked.

Comment

Working...
                            X