Just bought..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought..

BOT: There is a Tips thread stickied in the forums that have good tidbits of information. Check that out as well.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by letl
      It does? HC has no hud so no radar. You'll have no idea where the enemy is, so why camp?
      I was mainly thinking about the fact that he is a new player. And the fact that you die so easily in HC automatically makes many players camp. It's the way it is, quite simply.

I like HC more than normal. It sucks when you put a whole clip into someone and they just turn around and kill you in two shots. That's doesn't make any sense to me.
      Then you have either bad aim/recoil control or a high ping.

But I agree with your other tips letl.

Comment

Originally posted by letl
        It does? HC has no hud so no radar. You'll have no idea where the enemy is, so why camp?
        Part of it is because there is no constant radar, so you have no idea where the enemy is most of the time. Without that heads-up, more people tend to be more cautious.

But mostly it's because of the way the game is designed. Camo is good and the maps are very detailed/cluttered, so movement is a huge key to identifying your enemy. So when you're prone or crouched sitting still in a corner, and your enemy is moving, you're at a huge advantage. HC also lowers health, so it's easier to kill (and die), usually in only 1-2 shots, so the person who shoots accurately first usually wins the fight. Someone camped in ironsights is more likely to get that accurate shot.

Comment

I got a good tip if youre gonna play hardcore, or any server that has a small player base..........LISTEN!!! Seriously..put your headphones on and turn the volume up...Coruch so your steps are quieter and wait..i have been called a hack/cheat/w/e cause i spin around and pop someone in the head...its because i heard them....I believe that sound is a key aspect in COD4 and something that should be relied heavily in a tense/small match...

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to play singleplayer for a bit first, to get used to the game. Pretty much haven't played it since the week it came out the X360.

Then I'll head over to some multiplayer action. I'll probably end up playing SC for a bit and then play HC. I love FPS games and get used to them really quick, and nothing beats realism, so I guess I'll enjoy HC.

Comment

Hint: HC isn't more realistic than SC is infact

Some people think HC is more fun, no doubt, but calling it realistic is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Iquere « View Post
                Hint: HC isn't more realistic than SC is infact

Some people think HC is more fun, no doubt, but calling it realistic is just wrong.
                1-2 shot kill vs. a whole clip is more realistic, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1990 View Post
                  1-2 shot kill vs. a whole clip is more realistic, isn't it?
                  There's a whole lot more to "realistic" than bullet damage.

Comment

but calling it realistic is just wrong.
                    BINGO. It's really just cod4 with damage turned way up and hud removed. Nothing else is done to make it more realistic, (Such as: bullet drop, removal of health regen, less accurate weapons... especially from a distance away, helicopter could shoot less frequently, movement could be slower, jumping could be less to make people rely on auto climb, feet and hands don't result in one shot kills, etc. )

So don't tell me its realistic.. It is just a setting they included because they saw realism mods being popular in the older series. The single player itself is not featured in hardcore, not even the arcade mode you unlock. It's just an gimmick, although it does have its merits. Play around with it on PC and see how you enjoy it, whatever people enjoy more should be what they play.

Coming from COD4 from 360, I can see how you would spray down an m4 at an enemy in order to kill them, resulting in an entire clip being wasted on a person (After all, you can't do those pixel perfect shots on consoles). But on the PC, everything is a lot more precise. So, hardcore and softcore is a different experience.

Play around with certain perks for softcore. Stopping power + m16 = one burst to kill at medium range. You can kill about 10 people with one clip if you are good enough.

Comment

I use nade launcher and i'm happy with it!! I always use it to kill campers with it and snipers too, i don't know what the fuss is all about.

Comment

This thread is going places.

****ing HC crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post
                          I use nade launcher and i'm happy with it!! I always use it to kill campers with it and snipers too, i don't know what the fuss is all about.
                          I absolutely love direct hit kills with it too, when you hear a little *fump* in the distance

Comment

Throw those grenades like they're cans of really bad beer...

Comment

I was mainly thinking about the fact that he is a new player. And the fact that you die so easily in HC automatically makes many players camp. It's the way it is, quite simply.

Then you have either bad aim/recoil control or a high ping.

But I agree with your other tips letl.
                              I ping around 50-90 in US servers. And about 100-130 in UK. I don't think ping is the problem in US servers. So I guess, I just have bad aim. =(

Well, for me I don't camp. I just run around and kill. Even when trying to snipe. I tend to run and pistol whip. ^^

Comment

Learn the maps. Learn where enemies spawn, where they're gonna come from, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X