Screen Flashes in login,welcome,loading screen After Vista installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Flashes in login,welcome,loading screen After Vista installed

Login,loading,welcome screens flashing to where i can barely make out the info,game play is patchy and when i swicth to gun in something i get award screen flahing but i can still see, and my crosshairs dissapear. Game worked fine until I installed vista, I tried checking compatability tab xp2 and run the prog as admin. But I get an error saying the disc isnt in the cd drive when it is. I want to stop the flashing and choppy gameplay any help?

Re: Screen Flashes in login,welcome,loading screen After Vista installed

Originally posted by JustDeath
    Login,loading,welcome screens flashing to where i can barely make out the info,game play is patchy and when i swicth to gun in something i get award screen flahing but i can still see, and my crosshairs dissapear. Game worked fine until I installed vista, I tried checking compatability tab xp2 and run the prog as admin. But I get an error saying the disc isnt in the cd drive when it is. I want to stop the flashing and choppy gameplay any help?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

Unlike XP and before, Vista managed video memory instead of letting drivers do. I just figured that out yesterday. Follow the Microsoft link above and install the patch, then you'll be fine. Before I install the patch I had the same problem, and Crysis demo uses 1.8GHz memory before crashing. The bug is that the system memory management put video RAM on hard drive swap and decide the game can get more video RAM. That caused RAM usage ballooning and will be followed by a crash. Now after the patch it's OK and smooth with 2GB RAM and I even let all Vista crap running in the background just to test it out. You still need to run it in admin mode but XP compatibility doesn't work due to the disc issue.

Comment

Working...
    X