Helicopters...useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Helicopters...useless?

Well today I managed to get 2 kills and 3 assists (how great am I) by changing it to Type 2 which was easier for me.

Comment

Mmm, of course 2 will be easier, it has less precision, because it does twice the work (roll, yaw..). But you WILL encounter a situation in which you must roll without turning, to avoid AA fire, and to stay on course, and to turn without rolling (think about this scenario; you are flying at low alt, and you must make a turn to allow your gunner to fire on the enemy: if you start rolling unintentionally, COLLISION, with a tree).

Also, keeping it on 1, will allow you to orientate yourself better than you can with 2, by forcing you to be aware of your situation (i.e, whether or not you need to roll and yaw, or simply yaw).

Comment

Originally posted by KC-10
        Mmm, of course 2 will be easier, it has less precision, because it does twice the work (roll, yaw..). But you WILL encounter a situation in which you must roll without turning, to avoid AA fire, and to stay on course, and to turn without rolling (think about this scenario; you are flying at low alt, and you must make a turn to allow your gunner to fire on the enemy: if you start rolling unintentionally, COLLISION, with a tree).

Also, keeping it on 1, will allow you to orientate yourself better than you can with 2, by forcing you to be aware of your situation (i.e, whether or not you need to roll and yaw, or simply yaw).
        Maybe I like the misery
        The key is to invert the axis... besides, I'm sort of used to the setting now.

Comment

If you don't have prior flight experience (at least, if you have little flight experience), you should invert the flight axis, it may seem more logical having to push the stick up to pitch up.

But if you have prior flight experience (about, 1000 hrs of flight simming, 5 minutes of a real Cessna 152 for me ), leave the axis as it is by default, you won't get confused that way.

Comment

At the moment I'll leave at Type 2 but later on if I get any better I'll change it back to Type 1 just to try and see the differences.

Comment

I was getting raped by a chopper today... Everywhere I went there was no AA, and I was getting explosive rounds up my butt.

Comment

Working...
              X