Connection Problems relating to BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Problems relating to BF2

Alright so I have been playing bf2 off an on for the past year or so, and just today it now takes approximately 5 minutes to connect to the login server, at first it was just with SF then it took this long for just normal BF2. By connect I mean it says failed connection and then brings me to the normal screen after a login, but I have to wait around 2 minutes until it will respond and bring down a list of servers. After this it is completely normal, no lag nothing, plays like a charm.

I'm fairly sure it's not my hardware because as I said I have been playing it on my computer for awhile now, and has been working on my new computer for over 4 months.

I have a quad core cpu, and 3 gigs of ram, and a decent video card, so I shouldn't be lacking in hardware.

Also if I close out of Bf2 while my profile is logging in my whole internet connection is killed for a good five minutes.

I have totally uninstalled bf and sf, manually, made sure all registry stuff was gone. Ran it in compatibility mode, not in compatibility mode, I'm just at my wit's end with this.

It does not do this for bf2142, tf2, cs:s, cs and the rest of my games.

Anyone know what is going on?

I'm running vista, so it could be the OS's fault (surprise surprise)

Or should I contact my ISP?

Thanks for your time. (please ask if you need me to clarify and/or add any information that is necessary)

Re: Connection Problems relating to BF2

Alright well I believe I have solved it on my own. I did several things, first I installed the vista optional update for the local connection (eh may or may not have done anything but couldn't hurt), also I ran cmd as an admin by holding shift and ctrl before opening it, then I typed IPCONFIG/RELEASE, and then IPCONFIG/RENEW, just to refresh everything.

Finally I just rebooted my computer and now it is connecting to the server as normal with no dropped connection. So hopefully this helps anyone if they are experiencing the same problems as I was.

Comment

Working...
    X