Problems with 1.6 Patch Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with 1.6 Patch Update

I just install the 1.6 Patch for COD4, and when i go to the server list to see all the servers nothing shows up, i click refresh and it goes like it is refreshing and then it stops, won't let me join a server manually or nothing...

tried to reinstall the patch and still does not work...

also, i tried restarting my computer and still doesn't work,

any ideas?

Re: Problems with 1.6 Patch Update

First, do a manual update of Punkbuster, just to be safe.

Next, check your filters to make sure the options you want are set, and be sure your source is set to "Internet".

After that, if you refresh and still do not see any servers on 1.6, then some other program is blocking your connection to the Activision Master Server(s). You need to find out what that is (firewall, anti-virus software, if you're using a router are the correct ports opened, etc). Every time you patch the game, the .exe changes, so you usually have to re-allow it in your firewall if you have one.

If this problem doesn't go away, you can download a program called XFire (www.xfire.com) if you don't already have it. It's free, is a great way to keep track of friends online, and has its own server browser as well as a user-friendly way to add servers to a favourites list. Many people have preferred it over the built-in server browser (before the Hardcore filter anyway). At the very least, you'll be able to see and join servers.

If you have played the game before on a lower patch number, and have seen servers before, then it's likely that you should be able to solve this issue.

Comment

I have done all of that, already had xfire, and still no servers...

and i tried to uninstall everything then reinstall it about 3 times and still none...

Comment

If XFire can't find servers for you, then something definitely is blocking your connection. Either there is another app running in the background, or your ISP itself could be blocking the IP (especially if you're on a college campus or something).

Did everything work fine before the v1.6 patch, or is that the first one you tried?

It's possible that you may have gotten a corrupted download, unless you have tried to grab the patch from different locations each time you re-installed. You could try re-installing again, and going with a v1.4 patch, testing it, then adding v1.5, and testing it again.

Comment

this is not my first one, I have had the game since it has come out and this is the first patch that this has occurred to.

I am at home on my personal computer. I also checked all internet settings and firewall settings and allowed everything through COD4, and still nothing...

and the day before the patch came out i was lading servers fine, where is a good site to download the patch from that you know works because i can always uninstall it again and reinstall with the patch again, unless there is another around doing that instead of having to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling?

Comment

Other than uninstalling/re-installing, I don't know what else to suggest, so if you have time, you may as well try.

I would do a fresh install, then grab the v1.4 patch and try it to see servers: http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+D.../fileinfo.html

Next, try the v1.5 patch: http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+D.../fileinfo.html

If those both work, then try the 1.6 patch from either of these sites:
            1) Nvidia (official): http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ca...downloads.html

2) Here at TGN: http://files.totalgamingnetwork.com/...re+v1.6+Patch/

Comment

ok thank you for all your help

and yes i just looked and i can see all the COD4 servers through xfire but i cant join them

Comment

I Have The Same Problem!!!

Hi there,
                I got exactly the same problem!
                everything was fine until this 1.6 patch!
                since I installed the 1.6 patch I cant see any servers-it seems like the game cannot connect to any server-even when given a specific ip address it won;t connect-it will get timed out, and NO its not any firewall or whatever-checked it 100%,my pc didn't start blocking it since patched-100%sure-checked that.

Steps that i took:
                1) updated punkbuster -didnt work
                2) Uninstalled the game and then Installed it back and downloaded the patch from a different site and installed the patch- still didn't work....

HELP- I'm used to play 24/7 COD4!

thank you all

Comment

i have same problem - steam user here.

Comment

this is really strange, it has been working (the server list) off and on today, like one time i load up the game it loads fine, i shut it down and reload the game and try to load the servers and it does not load (but the ####/1100+ in the top left hand corner loads but not servers show up, not even in my favorites that i added when it was working, just shows ip addresses). I also can't join through xfire through my friends, or manually joining via IP in the game,

any other suggestions??

Comment

You won't believe it!!!
                      I thought I was finished with the problem because I used windows System Restore- after the restore the patch was still installed but now when I entered the game everything worked-I was delighted!-played a few rounds and then turned the computer off,ok now after 15 minutes I turned my pc on and this time at the servers browser again nothing showed up-but it had a small difference this time-it counted like there are servers and its updating..just didn't show them...
                      so I turned off the game and once again entered the game-and NOW ITS THE SAME AS BEFORE 100%-after pressing refresh it won't even count nothing-just a halfe a second waiting and then done....
                      people please any ideas........

Comment

Working...
                      X