Unreadable Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreadable Console

For some reason my console is completely unreadable in-game. Any idea why? Screenshot below:

Re: Unreadable Console

I've had that happen also. I think it has to do with running bf2 at a non-native res of your monitor. ie: if your lcd monitor has a native res of 1600x1200 and your running bf2 at 1024x768.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
      I've had that happen also. I think it has to do with running bf2 at a non-native res of your monitor. ie: if your lcd monitor has a native res of 1600x1200 and your running bf2 at 1024x768.
      Any idea how I can find out what my native resolution is?

Comment

I can't see the picture since I'm at school (they block some imagine hosting sites) but from what I gather, the text is too blurry to read??

If that's the case, then check to see if you have AA forced on in the nvidia control panel (or whatever the ATI equivalent is). If you force AA, it literally puts AA on everything, including the text, which will make it blurry and impossible to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
          I can't see the picture since I'm at school (they block some imagine hosting sites) but from what I gather, the text is too blurry to read??

If that's the case, then check to see if you have AA forced on in the nvidia control panel (or whatever the ATI equivalent is). If you force AA, it literally puts AA on everything, including the text, which will make it blurry and impossible to read.
          (This is vm2092)

No, it has a bunch of weird distorted looking characters behind and in front of every letter in the console. it's like little black lines that make the text unreadable.

Comment

Well I just took this screenshot to show what happens when you force 16xAA

It looks quite a bit like your screenshot

Comment

What graphics card do you have an ATI or NVidia, on my ATI Card on my other machine this was fixed by unchecking a setting. If you can take a screenshot of your settings in ATI Catalyst Control Center I can tell you which option it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeartSmasher View Post
                What graphics card do you have an ATI or NVidia, on my ATI Card on my other machine this was fixed by unchecking a setting. If you can take a screenshot of your settings in ATI Catalyst Control Center I can tell you which option it is.
                Nah I have an nVidia GeForce 7800 GT.

Comment

Alright so I figured out it does have to do with forcing AA, but is there any way at all I can play BF2 with AA and not get this text crap?

Comment

yay I was right

Just set AA on in the options menu in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                      yay I was right

Just set AA on in the options menu in BF2.
                      Nevermind, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X