2142 loading map issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 loading map issue

my frend is having trouble with bf2142, it runs perfectly except for when a map ends instead of the "changing map" section, his bf2142 just crashes and closes. He is running a setup of:
    windows vista (32 bit)
    Nvidia 9800GTX2
    Razor Barracuda

Re: 2142 loading map issue

Originally posted by Sniper_(NOR) View Post
    my frend is having trouble with bf2142, it runs perfectly except for when a map ends instead of the "changing map" section, his bf2142 just crashes and closes. He is running a setup of:
    windows vista (32 bit)
    Nvidia 9800GTX2
    Razor Barracuda
    Let me guess, 2GB RAM running Vista, right? I had this same problem.

He can solve all his issue by switching to XP.

Also, SLI or X2 configuration seem to require more RAM. This game runs great if you have plenty of it.

Comment

the 1st post was wrote for me, lol, yea ur right on the 2gb ram, id prefer to stick to windows vista prefrebly, do u think upgrading ram would simply fix this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by bu1137 View Post
        the 1st post was wrote for me, lol, yea ur right on the 2gb ram, id prefer to stick to windows vista prefrebly, do u think upgrading ram would simply fix this problem?
        I haven't tested that because currently I am out of cash to buy more RAM. But if you're using DDR2, it's time to max it out (4GB for 32 bit, but you'll see only 3.5GB).

Comment

I use Vista and have no confirmed issues with 2GB.

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Originally posted by bu1137 View Post
              i suppose i will have to order some new ram asap, what would someone reccomend a ram upgrade? possibly max ram, *4 DIMM for dual channel DDR2-800/667/553 - upto 8 gig at max gig for my mobo aparintly* (motherboard is a P7N SLI Platinum)
              I'm not gonna stop you buying more RAM since you'll need them anyway. But you can try uninstalling nTune and nVidia driver, then install the newest version of driver and nTune. That might be the issue. If that still fails, I guess we'll see what else we can do about it.

EDIT:

It turns out that this is a problem of Vista's video memory management, and there is a fix for this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

Virtual address space usage in Windows Vista game development

Comment

nTune? i dont beleve i have ever heard of this. i think i will upgrade from 2gb ram to 8 gb ram as soon as i find out what is the best possible ram for my motherboard. As i said it is a "Nvidia P7N SLI Platinum" ANY SUGGESGIONS WELCOME!!!

thanks allot for the advice so far people.

Comment

Originally posted by bu1137
                  nTune? i dont beleve i have ever heard of this. i think i will upgrade from 2gb ram to 8 gb ram as soon as i find out what is the best possible ram for my motherboard. As i said it is a "Nvidia P7N SLI Platinum" ANY SUGGESGIONS WELCOME!!!

thanks allot for the advice so far people.
                  I guess every DDR2 RAM would work. Try getting cheap DDR2-667 or 800 RAM with low or medium latency. Heck, they're so cheap now, just buy 4x2GB and you'll be good.

Comment

Working...
                  X