MP Crash with new 1.6 Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Crash with new 1.6 Patch

Hey guys, looks like im the first to have a problem with a patch.

When I join a server, the Map loads about 5% through then the screen suddenly goes bright and the game crashes to the desktop, with the word "Error" in the taskbar. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall etc. to see if it works, if it doesnt i'll keep you lads updated. Cheers

EDIT: Ive uninstalled are reinstalled the game, and the game patched and works fine, apart from having the 1w3mp and the continuous beeping and buzzing coming from my speakers. The problem still remains in which i cant play any of the new maps without the game crashing. Whilst playing on the original maps, i talked to some other players who have had the same problem and their game also crashes.

Kay.

Re: MP Crash with new 1.6 Patch

Ok I think maybe some of the Map files have been corrupted somehow. I can access and play most of the original maps. But only the new maps, and now including Winter Crash that i load up, I get the error. The iw3mp.exe error no longer comes up. Does anyone know where i can download the maps? and maybe replace them?

EDIT: Ive updated my video card drivers, and the new map broadcast (?) worked, and when it loaded china town i got an error saying "Mp Carentan" appears corrupt or unreadble.

Comment

Have you tried redownloading the patch from a different source? The place you downloaded it from, it might have been corrupted.

Comment

I'd uninstall, and download the patch from us.
        When you've uninstalled make sure your Call of Duty 4 folder is empty, with no mods or anything and then try adding in the patch, and see what happens.

Comment

Download the server patch, as in the 'extracted' contents then you won't need to reinstall CoD4, however if problems still persist then reinstall CoD4 and download patch off TGF...

Get Server patch here

Comment

Lol thanks fellaz, the problem is..

I did originally download it from TGF, but i re-downloaded the patch from Gamearena and Im just about to fully uninstall and reinstall the game. If it still refuses to work i'll download the server version.

Cheers

-Can someone tell me where I can download "Winter Crash" please? Its the only map that seems to crash now

EDIT:Ok ive downloaded the maps seperatley and placed them in the "zone" file. Now Im back at square one (Crashes to a black screen, with an "Error" window in the taskbar.) I'll follow you're suggestion Dan, hopefully it will work.

Comment

Working...
            X