Battlefield two olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield two olympics

It is that time again. The time of great competition is amongst us we prepare ourselves for the first BF2 Olympic games. What are the Bf2 Olympic games you ask? Well they are a series of events some serious some funny that multiple teams will take part in as they try to rack up the most medals in the competition.

We will be divided among teams, I hope that we can have at least five teams from here and that we might be able to get some from other BF2 sites. A team can be composed of six to twelve players. and at the closing of the games all the medals won by people on that team will be tallied up and a winning team will be declared. Don't worry about the size of teams because only one player per team may participate in the event.

There will be two different types of events, Solo events and team events. In solo events each team will send one player to represent them and they will all compete with each other. In team based events each team will send two or more (but no more then six) players to represent their team. Team based events are events where each player on the team must play a certain role for the team to be victorious.

This is still a work in progress but here are some events I have planned.

DPV race- On Kubra Dam we will hold a race with the DPVs. Teams would start out from the U.S. base and then complete two laps of a pre determined course before returning to the U.S. base and crossing the finish line. Once your DPV is destroyed you are out, Repairing is allowed by pit crews after your first lap at the U.S. base but that is it. Racers will be watched carefully, if you are caught taking a shortcut just because you think no one is looking you be disqualified from this event. We will have multiple practice laps so confusion is not an excuse. Bumping is allowed just keep in mind that you only get one repair. This is a Solo event, the pit crews do not count as participants.

Fushee Triathlon- Due to lack of vehicles this will be time trial. Players will start out at the Chinese airfield. When they are given the green flag they will both jump in J-10s and fly across the map as fast as possible to the American main base and there they will bail out and parachute in. Once inside the base they must get to one of two vehicles pre placed at the entrance to the base. They must then make an entire lap around the map and then return back to the U.S. base. When they return they are to ditch their vehicles and head for the boat spawn points at the river, then they must sail down the river to the part where it is blocked. When they reach that point they must run over to a set of pre placed boats, take one, and keep on heading down the river to the finish line. This is a solo event.

Survivor- Players will be dropped onto an IO wake island and be forced to fend for themselves. Players are to fight with guns and knives in a free for all last man standing type battle. To save time the battle will be limited to the southern Half of the island. This is a solo event.

Dogfights- Fight in the skies over Wake, this is a solo event

Supreme Sniper- Accuracy competition between Snipers as they will try and shoot targets at insane distances.

Black Hawk wars- Just what it sounds like each team will fill up a black hawk and then there will be a survivor type fight between each six man crew. This is a team event

Naval Supremacy- Like BH wars but with boats. This is a team event.

Please give me your suggestions for new events to be added.

If I get enough support I would like to hold it sometime between June 21st and July 4th This would give me enough time to find a server for us to use. I am still working on this so tell me what you think or if you have any questions please fell free to ask. If we get twenty people by June 3rd we should be able to get enough people by late June easy.

Edit: If you want to take part or help out drop me a PM.

Re: Battlefield two olympics

Dude, when you do this, you HAVE to BR the FuShe triathalon and the Kubra DPV race. Those would be killer to watch.

~Wolfgang

Comment

WAKE CROSS COUNTRY!!!! no vehicles, sprint from one end of wake island to the other. Limit to one kit so everyone has the same sprint. It would would be long, strenuous and frustrating- Just like real cross country!
      edit: sounds awesome

Comment

Originally posted by randomguy114
        WAKE CROSS COUNTRY!!!! no vehicles, sprint from one end of wake island to the other. Limit to one kit so everyone has the same sprint. It would would be long, strenuous and frustrating- Just like real cross country!
        It would also be stupidly boring :nod:

Comment

I wanted to do something like this when TBF2 had its server, looks like great fun.
          If you need any help organising, just say.

OT crew will destroy all, btw.

Comment

Awesome!

I want in on the DPV race!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome idea!

Comment

Hey, thats a stupid idea, I mean I would never have come up with it, but looks so FUN!! Go for Black Hawk wars!

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                  OT crew will destroy all, btw.
                  :awes

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers View Post

Comment

Sounds like fun, I might have to organize a 2142 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster View Post
                        Sounds like fun, I might have to organize a 2142 version.
                        There is no 2142. It's merely a figment of your imagination.

lol, sorry. I've been playing Persona too much.

Comment

video the black hawk and boat wars too lol they should be interesting to watch since those are rare occurances

Comment

Mhm someone said dogfight in wake?
                            yummy...

Comment

I will get to work on this sometime next week. I don't think I can do it this month due to time restrictions but on Monday I will make a new thread and start to get every thing organized I just don't have the time to do it now (Finals and traveling).

Originally posted by jackal22 View Post
                              video the black hawk and boat wars too lol they should be interesting to watch since those are rare occurances
                              Good idea I will try to find some guy with a high end PC to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X