Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Tampa Tips

OK,

First of all. Before I begin this thread I just want to make one thing clear. Tampa is a SPEED map, not a muscle map. There may be allot of tanks and APC's in the map but in the end they don't get the job of taking all the flags quite as fast as the fast movers (jeeps and buggies)

With it's vast flatlands and rolling hills, Tampa is the ideal battleground for Tanks and APC's to fight it out. But what about the flags? While you're muscling it out in a slow moving tank taking perhaps ONE flag, the other team has taken 3 with 3 men and one buggy. So, the tips.

1. DO NOT DEFEND... It wastes time and depletes your team resources. I'm saying this because there will always be someone your team who WILL be stupid enough to defend. Let them get killed time and time again while you quietly and swiftly taking flags. A good offense is the BEST defense and this holds extremely true for Tampa.

2. Keep your eye on the map. Let's say your team has CP West, Gas Station and CP South. This is a clear indicator of how the enemy is gonna move at this time. They'll be moving from Kulaz to South to take that flag as well as Gas station from Refinery (if they have that flag). From this point on you know that where you need to be spawning in is either CP South or Gas Station. I prefer South because Gas station is usually being hit hard from all angles at all times. It is the hub of the map and therefore a key flag to have.
    So, you've spawned at south and it's quiet. What now? Go to Kulaz and take the flag with your squad. Ask for UAV while en route and park your jeep or buggy with a clear unobstructed exit wether it calls for a quick getaway in forward or reverse. TELL your squadmates to rush the flag and do not wander.... You want to take it quickly so you can get out of there.
    From Kulaz you move to refinery or back to south. I have spent an entire round going from Kulaz to refinery, to West retaking flags and even on some occasions passing the enemy and letting them go so that I can stay focussed and do my job. And by the way, this has led to a very good score with allot of fighting in the round. My point is that you should NEVER stop moving. Keep the enemy on their toes and keep going.

3. DON'T ENGAGE THE ENEMY!!!! I know this sounds silly but let me explain. You're moving along say from West to South and an enemy APC sees you as it's heading from South to West to take YOUR flag. Unless you're in an APC, you have very little chance of a toe to toe rumble with an APC so just let him go and if he engages you, then MOVE. Get out of range and don't go to the flag he thinks you're going to. Lose him and take another flag. Save your car and your men so that you can regain leverage on the map. LET HIM TAKE YOUR FLAG!!! By the time he gets to it, you will have taken 2 of his flags.

KNOW WHEN TO ENGAGE THE ENEMY!!! Let's say it's the same scenario as above. The APC sees you and engages you but you have 2 AT kits onboard. Get them to the top of a hill where there's cover and spot out the APC. Give them the info they need to take it out so that you have A) destroyed the APC going for your flag and B) taken one player out of the game for a precious 15 seconds. Use it to take his flag plus another one and BINGO, you're now ahead in the round.

4. HOLD YOUR FIRE!!!!! I can't count the number of times I have been approaching a flag and the tits in my car start firing at NOTHING!!!! This is the dumbest thing you can do. It heats up your gun and gives away your position. STOOPID. When moving in on a flag. Keep it quick, quiet and cool. Keep in mind that you don't have the flag yet and if they hear you coming, they WILL call for UAV, ARTY or reinforcements. By the same token don't fire on APC's or tanks with your Jeep or buggy MG.... Again, it let's them know exactly where you are.... STOOPID!!!!!

5. YOU IN A JEEP, THE ENEMY IN A TANK. YOU MEET. IS THERE A CHANCE FOR YOU??????
    OF COURSE!!!. This is something that allot of people don't understand. If you're in a jeep or buggy and you run into a tank or APC, you may not be able to kill them but they sure as hell can't easily kill you. "Akula you're talking out of your ***" No I'm not! APC's and Tanks are super easy to evade with a jeep or buggy. All you do is keep it pinned and keep the Armor DIRECTLY TO YOUR LEFT OR RIGHT. By this I mean at your 3 or 9 o'clock. You can extend a little to create distance if you have to get away so don't fret my friend. There have been many times where I have deeked out 3 tanks, all of them firing and not one scratch to my buggy. This is really helpful when you have 2 other guys in your car and need to just get the hell out of there.

6. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH TANKS. Let's say the round just started and you spawned at the base. You have a choice to take either the jeep or the tank, what's it gonna be? THE JEEP OF COURSE!!!! You need to get to a flag quickly and enter the battle just as quickly so a jeep or buggy is your best bet! Now lets say you spawned in late at the base and there's nothing... You see that everyone is moving towards the closest flag. What to do.... Well, I would suicide. Stupid you say??? Well no. I have 2 choices. Either hang around the base and wait for a jeep or chopper or something to spawn up and move or, I can be quicker and suicide, wait till the closest flag is up and then spawn in and take a jeep. This also gives me the opportunity to see what the enemy has taken and how fast they are moving which helps me choose the next kit I'll need. So to recap, the order of vehicles you should take are Jeeps or buggies, then APC's then Tanks. A chopper is also a good choice for getting somewhere fast but if the enemy has a good pilot they will often times target you right after they've dropped their ordinance. Lastly if you want to be the first to take ANY flag and you happen to spawn up next to the jet TAKE IT!!! But use it only to get to a key flag and bring it up first.... If this happens to me I'll always go to Gas Station and bring it up without a care in the world. From there I can easily book it to CP west and take that.. Now I have severely disabled the enemies ability to have control of the map all within the first minute of the round. With that said, NEVER fly the jet to Buhifum or Kulaz.... Your team is gonna have that flag within the first minute so why bother with it. Take something that they cannot get as quickly or as easily, and MOVE ON!!!!

7. TAKE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED. If everyone is moving on a flag then WHY WHY WHY would you join them??? STOOPID! Get in a fast mover and go for a flag that no one is trying for and you will A) find that most likely no one is there defending it because they are defending the flag your entire team is moving on and B) have it for your collection of flags

8. SPAWN ON FLAGS THAT HAVE NO ONE THERE. Let's say you're MEC and your team has all but Refinery and Kulaz. You see that everyone is moving from Buhifum, Gas Station and CP South to Kulaz and refinery but West is empty.... What do you think is most likely to happen??? You got it!!! Spawn up at West and kill the bastards trying to take it! Why defend now? Because chances are by the time you get to Kulaz or Refinery, your team will have the flags and all you'll be there for is a late enemy arty strike. Hold West and if you really get an itchy trigger finger, make your way either to Gas Sation or CP south and see if it's being taken by the enemy.

9. DEEKING OUT PLANES.... This is tricky but VERY possible. If you're driving and think that the jet is gonna come down on you choose a path that will allow you to make a sharp right turn at anytime while you're driving. This is because it is less natural for a pilot (or any plane whore) to turn right in a jet than it is to turn left. The human hand is better at tilting itself inwards towards the body instead of outwards. Trust me , it WORKS!!!!

USE THE TERRAIN!!! There are LOTS of ways to get somewhere undetected on the map and some of the best ways are to ride the shoreline along the river. Tanks and APC's rarely expect you to be driving so close to the water so take advantage of their ignorance and ride the wave to another flag!!!

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there is wayy more. Just keep in mind. Defending on a Tampa map is for chumps. Always move and always keep your enemy on the defensive in order to maintain your offensive momentum!

My two cents

Akula Out!

Re: Highway Tampa Tips

Originally posted by AKULA
    1. DO NOT DEFEND... It wastes time and depletes your team resources. I'm saying this because there will always be someone your team who WILL be stupid enough to defend. Let them get killed time and time again while you quietly and swiftly taking flags. A good offense is the BEST defense and this holds extremely true for Tampa.
    Are you slow?:shakehead:

What happens if nobody defends flags?

Comment

Someone willl ALWAYS defend and if it's you then GO RIGHT AHEAD. I'll take the flags AND THE POINTS

Comment

Wheres the JIHAD AIEAIEAIEAIEAIEAIEAIEAIEAIE

Comment

Way to much effort was put into that...

Comment

Tampa is my favorite map. On most days I can score near the top of the crowd. I use engineer pack and a tank as much as possible for best results. Work together with other tanks (manned by engies) and you stand a good chance of winning most battles. But I will often do as OP suggests, and use buggy for rapid transit to try and capture remote spawn quickly.

In my opinion, the first objective in Tampa is to MAINTAIN AT LEAST ONE SPAWN. For MEC, that spawn is Buhifum. For USA there are two good choices - either Refinery of Kuhlaz.

I prefer to focus all my efforts on the main four spawns - Buhifum, Refinery, Kuhlaz and Gas Station. A pack of tanks can travel pretty quickly between those four spawns, and if you control those spawns, you'll win every game. Plus, by controlling those spawns, you'll ensure a steady supply of armored vehicles at your disposal.

The remote spawns (South and West) should only be attended to by buggies and APC's, IMHO.

Comment

Nice! Where can I get this awesome sounding map?

Comment

Working...
              X