Changes in game sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in game sounds

I re-installed CoD4 last night and had an issue with it where it wanted to boot in safe mode. I went ahead and told it yes and put all my settings back. I went into a game and, for whatever reason, pulled out my pistol and shot a guy. It actually sounded like a high powered pistol. It was the USP.

I was shooting the G36 and it sounded like a real rifle. Same with the other weapons, like the sniper rifles, they sounded really well.

I found out that I did not change my sound setting and it was set to Medium. I have always had it set to high. I couldnt believe how more realistic the weapons sounded on medium vs high.

Anyone else mess with this setting and notice that? Anyone think they actually sound like garbage and high is better?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Changes in game sounds

I just went and put mine on medium and I can hear it also. My guns sounded like they had more power behind them. Nice find man, Ill be using this.

Comment

For some reason, lower quality does tend to sound more louder and has more "crack" than "oomph" in em. But I doubt that`s more realistic though. I watched some vids of guns being fired and CoD4 ones in high sound pretty much spot on, except for some guns.

Comment

I'll have to try it out. I know people like realistic sounds, but sometimes unrealistic sounds better lol! MoH Airborne has some very THUNDEROUS weapons that may not be ultra realistic, but they freakin' sound awesome. But those are older weapons that were louder, and modern weapons have advanced. I still say that CoD4's weapon sounds are very weak. I don't 'feel' the kill.

Comment

Tried it out and every weapon sounds about the same. The deagle sounds like a pea-shooter (really)

The smaller calibre weapons has a bit more of a "oomph" feeling but the others just sound ridiculous. I prefer my high settings

Comment

I HATE the sounds in COD4. Especially when you are being fired at. You literally do not know if you are being shot at unless the bullets hit something RIGHT behind you. No cracks, whips, etc. Which is EXTREMELY annoying in S&D or even TDM (You hear a sniper, but you think he is firing at someone else, but suddenly you die).

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
              For some reason, lower quality does tend to sound more louder and has more "crack" than "oomph" in em. But I doubt that`s more realistic though. I watched some vids of guns being fired and CoD4 ones in high sound pretty much spot on, except for some guns.
              can u post a link?

Comment

I am sure this wont apply to everyone, as most people have different hardware and driver versions and all that.

I was still surprised. I did not try every weapon, but all the ones that I did try had a very noticeable difference in sound. Any gun is loud and they always seemed quiet in CoD4. Realistic? Probably not. I have to admit I havent fired every gun in CoD4 or know how it should entirely sound, but it really changes the gaming experience.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Question is, does it let you hear enemy weapons any better? If so, then that would be a nice advantage.

Comment

hmm tried it out dint like it for some reason i like my 7.1 more

Comment

i love it!
                      it works best on the realtek built in probably
                      thats what i have

Comment

It does not sound better on mine. The g3 with a silencer sounds slight better, but everything else sounds muffled and distorted. It's like saying the deagle is better without all its shiny goodness. :P I also have an x-fi sound card and the z5500 logitech speaker set.

Comment

Eh, everything sounded fake. I think I'll stick with the high quality stuff.

Comment

Deagle and the M82 sounded retarded on medium...

Comment

Hear the weapons on low

Comment

Working...
                              X