look carefully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look carefully

a few of us made new accounts tonight for fun and wouldnt you know it, we got kicked from 2 servers and banned from 2 others for name violations and cheating
    for those who think these are cheats open your eyes, for those of you smart enough to know this is not a cheat congratulations.
    problem is there are too many servers that take themselves too seriously and dont want to have a good laugh

Re: look carefully

Nice.

Yeah, I made a new account as well because the attention was getting annoying. Now I can play without distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
      I ate 2 hamburgers in 3 minutes
      No wai...:shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
        Nice.

Yeah, I made a new account as well because the attention was getting annoying. Now I can play without distractions.

yes, attention is annoying, but when a private is killing all the higher ranked players, you get the inevitable hack accusations and then comes the swift kick / ban from overzealous admins

Comment

Originally posted by [BOON]bunsen View Post
          yes, attention is annoying, but when a private is killing all the higher ranked players, you get the inevitable hack accusations and then comes the swift kick / ban from overzealous admins
          yep......

Comment

Originally posted by [BOON]bunsen View Post
            You get them mostly when you go onto servers looking for trouble like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
              Nice.

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
              You get them mostly when you go onto servers looking for trouble like you did.

how do you figure we were looking for trouble? has this game become so serious that people cant have fun anymore?

Comment

If you can justify the "fun" part in doing this, then yes, people are becoming very serious.

Otherwise, I don't see how this is fun.. unless 28 isn't your real age.

Comment

Originally posted by boon
                  a few of us made new accounts tonight for fun and wouldnt you know it, we got kicked from 2 servers and banned from 2 others for name violations and cheating
                  So you made accounts which all looked the same. No doubt you did it so that it looked like you were using namehacks and then got pissy when an admin kicked you.

You went out looking for trouble really, you got it, you moan about it.

Comment

You may have set out to prove a point, but really, what you did is what alot of name spoofers who get kicked/banned do, so although you end up right, your just contributed to the problem, so the point you originally tried to prove, doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                      So you made accounts which all looked the same. No doubt you did it so that it looked like you were using namehacks and then got pissy when an admin kicked you.

You went out looking for trouble really, you got it, you moan about it.
                      there you go again making assumptions (which are false ill have you know) about why we did it... we just thought it would be fun to have a squad full of grumpyoldmen...

have you forgotten the old saying about what happens when you assume?

Anyways, it wasnt done to prove any point, it was done for fun... have you all forgetten this is just a game? if we were out to try and screw with people we wouldnt have told them that the L was changed for an i and |, the O for a zero... we would have just played along with their belief that we were name hacking

Comment

Okay. Explain why it seemed funny to you?

Comment

Originally posted by [BOON]bunsen
                          there you go again making assumptions (which are false ill have you know) about why we did it... we just thought it would be fun to have a squad full of grumpyoldmen...

have you forgotten the old saying about what happens when you assume?

Anyways, it wasnt done to prove any point, it was done for fun... have you all forgetten this is just a game? if we were out to try and screw with people we wouldnt have told them that the L was changed for an i and |, the O for a zero... we would have just played along with their belief that we were name hacking
                          Which is exactly what name-spoofers do ...had you all thought this through, you would have realized your 'fun' would result in getting kicked and banned. This is no surprise, and while online, what just about any admin would have done.

Comment

Yup. I would have

Comment

then obviously you cant differentiate between a genuine name and a name spoof...

so you say you would have kicked for this too... what would be your justification for kicking / banning? or do you feel you dont need to justify yourself and you can just do as you please since its "your" server...

Comment

Working...
                              X