Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most useless unlock?

What do you think it is, and why?

My vote - smoke grenade. Does anyone even use this thing? I've unlocked it but have only used it a few times and see no point to it when you can have the PK-74 rockets and the defib on you...agreed?

Drodgeman.

Re: Most useless unlock?

i vote for the SAAW as most useless

the smoke nade is useful for when u are assaulting toll booth...

Comment

Smoke grenades aren't as useless as they used to be.... pretty darn unused though.

The gruber stabilizer is one I find useless, and a good sniper won't need to use it at all.

Defuser isn't technically useless... but given the presence of Motion mine bait.. as well, it's a less attractive option for me.

Comment

Radar Grenade

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
          Radar Grenade
          not useless!
          i used it once- it gives some smoke and i can see where those buggers are when i storm toll!

Comment

1: Radar Grenade - Stupidest thing EVAR.
            2: Smokeys - Not useless, but unused. They CAN be useful on Titan assault, but who would sacrifice PKs or a Defib for a little extra cover? Not me!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
              1: Radar Grenade - Stupidest thing EVAR.
              2: Smokeys - Not useless, but unused. They CAN be useful on Titan assault, but who would sacrifice PKs or a Defib for a little extra cover? Not me!
              3. SL-RPU

Comment

Smoke Grenades are fine once you get used to them. Radar grenades are lifesavers, especially when capping a flag and you are certain someone's gonna crash your party.

My vote goes to the sniper decoy. Whenever I see a lone dot on the map flash, I know it's this. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
                  Smoke Grenades are fine once you get used to them. Radar grenades are lifesavers, especially when capping a flag and you are certain someone's gonna crash your party.

My vote goes to the sniper decoy. Whenever I see a lone dot on the map flash, I know it's this. :P
                  Woah man, your on crack. You have no ideas of the destructive capability of the Ghost. Try it out sometime; put one down straddling the wall at Toll Station then go cap Central Camp with a Cloaker. Not kidding, I have done it many a time (on a 64 man servers). Its also good for knifing, flanking and sniping. All it takes is good usage.

As for Radar nades being "Life Savers"... LOL! If you don't have the situational awareness/strategies for covering your flanks, I seriously don't believe a Radar Nade is going to help you. Besides, what if the person approaching you has a ghost What you need is a squad... Any balanced squad will have a support with an IDS.

UAV > IDS > Otus > Pulse Meter > Net Bat > Eyesight > Cow Poo > Radar Smokey

@H4yd3n: SL-RPU can have its uses if you know how the mechanics work, however it is the only thing I have NOT unlocked on this soldier (I have had the unlock point for many months now). So ya, its definitely way up there on the most useless unlock list.

Comment

Whats your big bite on Radar nades Fing? I used to use them, not for cover, but thrown across an area, gives you a peek at who's there, and also a dumbed down version of IDS for assault, with 1.40, they can actually find people that aren't right in front of you. My vote for most useless unlock? SD Accipter. I finally mastered how to trigger it for assault, but when it comes for serious combat, its accuracy and detectivity are worse than a blind man. I know you can kill people with it, but strategically speaking, its totally worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster View Post
                      Whats your big bite on Radar nades Fing? I used to use them, not for cover, but thrown across an area, gives you a peek at who's there, and also a dumbed down version of IDS for assault, with 1.40, they can actually find people that aren't right in front of you. My vote for most useless unlock? SD Accipter. I finally mastered how to trigger it for assault, but when it comes for serious combat, its accuracy and detectivity are worse than a blind man. I know you can kill people with it, but strategically speaking, its totally worthless.
                      \
                      I've gotta disagree, even though its unused its been very successful in helping me out a few times. Perhaps if I'm in a firefight and he gets me down, the accipter usually finishes off the job so a medic in my squad can freely revive me. And also for good ole' revenge if you get killed.

Personally I think the radar grenade is useful just kind of stupid. Not a really good concept but I suppose can be helpful. I don't use the smoke greandes but I've heard stories of them being really helpful for knifing and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                        Woah man, your on crack.
                        Thank you for your concern, but I have not ingested any intoxicating agents lately, aside from a small Pilsener.

You have no ideas of the destructive capability of the Ghost. Try it out sometime; put one down straddling the wall at Toll Station then go cap Central Camp with a Cloaker. Not kidding, I have done it many a time (on a 64 man servers). Its also good for knifing, flanking and sniping. All it takes is good usage.
                        Perhaps I've not seen it being put to good enough use so far. Usually I look at wherever the red dot flashes, and I see nothing at all. The dot is immobile and seems to flash in a different way as well - not sure if it's from the UAV detecting it or because the decoy puts up a signature of its own. On my minimap, it's almost yelling "Beep! Beep! Beep! Come and find me! You know I'm here! Come on! I'm talkin' to you!" Almost trying too hard to be true. In any case, I've been quick to dismiss the decoy so far and start looking for the real guy.

As for Radar nades being "Life Savers"... LOL! If you don't have the situational awareness/strategies for covering your flanks, I seriously don't believe a Radar Nade is going to help you. Besides, what if the person approaching you has a ghost What you need is a squad... Any balanced squad will have a support with an IDS.
                        Oftentimes, I'll find myself near an enemy flag with the rest of the squad delayed elsewhere for one reason or another. Usually I'm alone or accompanied by a single squadmate. The UAV's been spent, we don't have an IDS handy, and we've just had an enemy contact at that flag. They know we are here and we know they'll be coming back to get us. We have nowhere to run, so we've got to cap or bust.

At this point, several things can happen. The enemy can respawn while I cap. An enemy soldier can come in from elsewhere. A sniper may be spotting me from far away and is hidden in enough bushes to conceal his appearance. Whatever the case, I need a quick intel, and fast.

So, I toss the radar smoke nade.

I don't care about the smoke effect. All I'm looking for is the ringtone. If it pops up, a quick look at the minimap tells me where my enemy is coming from. That gives me an edge on him already. Unless there's an enemy UAV above my head or (very unlikely) a commander spotting on me, chances are he's either passing by, or not sure of my position (for instance, if I've just neutralized the flag and he's coming in to check up on it.) Even if it detects nothing but a Ghost, I want to destroy that bugger ASAP so that I can reveal the real guy's signature and pop him as well, keeping in mind that's what he's expecting me to do and I've got to be triple-sneaky in the way I go about that.

Now that I know where the enemy's coming from, I can find a proper hiding place and eliminate him in the safest possible manner, instead of the two of us bumping into each other by complete surprise and engaging into a spray duel by reflex.

This is especially useful in flags hidden among tight clutter and networks of walls and fences, where all you need to do is to be unlucky enough to have your back turned for half a second at the wrong moment for someone to shoot you down without you ever seeing him.

Comment

IPS is my most useless unlock lol its like ooh shoot me shoot me sign because of the red glow also you cant hide behind it its either your prone behind it and half your body goed through it or your getting nailed from behind.

Collsion meshes for shield and soldier:

lol dont mind my uber editing skills in paint :P

Comment

the ips is not useless when you know how to use it. you can distract, block and trap enemie units and also you can make cover better or use it when you have no cover nearby. you can shoot around the shield and the enemies will only see your ganz sticking out. it is just that you need to pay in intellegence or extra firepower for it.

the worst and most useless unlock is the sl pru is the most useless unlock. it disanvantages your team in cq as you bleed tickets faster when you die. if your squad leader has skill he will just stay a bit back so that you can spawn on him. the only good use i can think of for the sl pru is titan assault as you can keep the pressure high.

Comment

Smoke nade.

Radar grenade gives you smoke + UAV so the regular smake nade is just useless comapared to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X