Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to change my soldier's name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to change my soldier's name?

I've been playing for 5 months now, and I want to change my soldier's name without losing my stats...is there a way to do this, or am I stuck with my name?

Re: Is there any way to change my soldier's name?

nope!
    sorry man!

ps- i may be wrong though....

Comment

dont think you can man. Either continue or make a new soldier...

Comment

No, its not that big of a deal though, just keep going, names dont matter.

Comment

If you are that worried about it, just create a new solider with your new name (hopefully it hasn't been taken). I wouldn't be worried about stats that much, its a game, have fun and play.

Comment

I started a new soldier when I got tired of my old name. Almost had Brigadier with it, I think I stopped playing it one rank before. Now I still like my "new" name and my buddy list is also constantly expanding. I suggest you take a name that you can be sure to like even a few years after.

Comment

What about the old trick with gamespy comrade? Not quite sure how it works or what it does, its just I've heard it mentioned when people are complaining about hackers/namemasks etc..

Comment

gamespy doesn't change you soldier name. It just changes your name in ppls buddy list and i'm not really sure how it's done, i did it unintentionally when i created my 2142 account.

Comment

If gamespy let you change your name it would make tracking players down if they are bad or good nearly impossible without knowing their profile id, guid, etc. which only the gameserver admins would know. Nothing like running into someone with great teamwork and gameplay then come to find out he changed his name and you can't find them.

Comment

Delete your soldier. Create a new one with the same name but different capital letters.

Will work until you log out, thats the only way to really alter it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X