Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The death of pod surfing.

Originally posted by Lolyn View Post
    I've discovered one thing that this glorious fix creates that I don't deem as a bug... rather an inconvenience.

Played a titan match yesterday and noticed the pods on the titan now handle like mildly manouevreable bricks. Previously I was proud of my pod control and could easily crush infantry... but now the pods are just heavy and your priority is entirely based on actually landing on your own titan instead of positioning your land so you're not being shot on landing.

As I said, more of an inconvenience, one I'll have to bear to stop those pod surfers.
    I got 3 kills by podding off my titan today..

Comment

I was on a server and saw some one pod surf from titan to a silo.........arg someone figuered out how to do it again. Other than that one time i havent seen it and yes i have the 1.50 installed.

Comment

Yup, just saw somebody do it on a port bavaria server.

Comment

Darn... My guess is DICE made it so scroll wheel no longer effects Vehicle movement. However there are EASY ways around that. Meh.

Comment

I just hate that you can't look down anymore. Your best hope against someone camping a beacon was to come down with a Clark and blast them before the dust cleared. Now, you have no idea where they are until AFTER the dust clears.:cry:

Comment

i guess pod-surfing has arisen....
              damn it....

Comment

When I first saw this thread, I wanted to believe that pod surfing was over, that DICE actually managed to patch this issue away. They have tried for several versions now.
                I'm impressed over this latest patch, how they can't solve issues that have been with the game for a long time, how all new implementations just seem to fail.

Get a grip, release something that works for once. Port bavaria is ruined with pod surfing.

Comment

I read this and tested it. You can still get some small surfs onto roofs. None of that nonsense like it use to be flying from harbor to EU though.

I read this and tested it, You can still get some small surfs onto roofs. None of that nonsense like it use to be flying from harbor to EU though.

I'm sure if you find some way to spin the pod at insane speed you could go a bit farther.

Comment

You can still podsurf. I noticed a guy flying all across Port Bavaria, I think it was on the Moders PB server that allow podsurfing.

Comment

Great....Just when i was opening my wine for celebration of the top list of my annoying death....

Yay...More getting nailed by pods while in gunship doing circumcenter turns at Silo 2 At Suez...

Pod surfing is cool when I look at it from the ground, just not great seeing it fly towards your aircraft.

Comment

Looks like I Knife U will have to resort to stat padding to get his YAG points instead of glitching his way into walls

Comment

I couldn't be happier. I'd always hated how when you worked so hard to get the upper hand on a map that there'd always be that one squad that pod surfed to the back. I don't understand sometimes how people can feel good about those kinds of glitches. If it was meant to be then fine, but when players use glitches and cheats not everyone can get access to, that's where it becomes unfair. Its kind of like how teams would get on rooftops. I'm all for it if I can get up there too and kick them off with my bullets, but if I can't then its near impossible unless the commander starts using orbitals just for the beacon.

Comment

oh i remember those good old days in Liberation of Leipzig, a squad of roof campers that didn't wanted to leave it. I dropped a supply crate on the beacon so it would go poof or unusable then i used a OS on the squad to vanish them of the buildings. It took me 5 times to get them all of the building, it was either the squad leader who survived/was being protected or one of the team mates that went SL and dropped a new beacon.

Comment

Working...
                            X