Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about servers after 1.50 download.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about servers after 1.50 download.

I had previously downloaded the 1.5 beta and had no problems playing with it. I just downloaded the 1.5 patch and installed with no problems.

When I try to play on a server with the new maps...the map loads OK... then I get "This server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of Battlefield 2142 to the current official version to join" ???

Any help is MUCH appreciated !!!!!

Larry

Re: Question about servers after 1.50 download.

Hmm this sometimes happens and usually the only way to fix it is to re-patch or just reinstall the game, now patching can work but doesn't always, usually best to reinstall, but if you have 1.5 Full it will automatically install all patches.

Comment

Your going to need to reinstall the game, happened to me. They mentioned that was an issue in the release notes.

Comment

OK....I have had the game since it started. What is the sequence of starting from scratch as far as patches and all ? Thanks.

Would it be possible to just uninstall the beta. If so, how ?

Larry

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot uninstall the beta. Are you looking to install NS as well? If so, install 2142, patch 1.5, install ns, patch 1.5 again. If not, just install 2142 and download the 1.5 full client patch.

Comment

Originally posted by sharp65
            Unfortunately you cannot uninstall the beta. Are you looking to install NS as well? If so, install 2142, patch 1.5, install ns, patch 1.5 again. If not, just install 2142 and download the 1.5 full client patch.
            Thanks !!!

I am going to buy an XBOX tomorrow. It will be the first console game platform I have had since the Atari 5200. My first PC was the Apple IIc in 1987. I am going to be playing Bad Company as namvet70 also, so look out....lol
            I have had it with flaky PC games !!

Larry

Comment

Working...
            X