1.5 gunship fubar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.5 gunship fubar

Ea/Dice just released a hotfix to all ranked gsp's to fix the problem. So if you are still seeing it than, that server has not been updated as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Turdnugget View Post
      Ea/Dice just released a hotfix to all ranked gsp's to fix the problem. So if you are still seeing it than, that server has not been updated as of yet.
      Link or it diddnt happen.

Comment

This is a server side hotfix therefor, this info is not announced to the public. It is just rolled out to the gsp's and installed by them. My clans server is being done today.

Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. Just like I was wrong about this bug in the first place.

Comment

Then I guess all is back to normal then? I guess i should patch up and see for myself, but have not mustered up the motivation to do so as of late

Comment

Odd, frankly I'm not a huge fan of the gunship now. My biggest complaint is with the guided missles (gunner position). I liked the control of the BF2 style, with the point-and-click. This new style with the mouse movement is an annoying adjustment.
            Also, I know its a hybrid, but the maneuverability is lacking, or dangerous. If you flip over, it seems to prevent you from getting back up. Finally, the rockets operated by the pilot that lock on to other air vehicles, it turns dogfights into a contest to see who shoots first rather than aim and maneuvering. Its certainly something one can adapt to I assume, but it doesn't feel right to me either way.

Comment

Welcome to the future, As I've adapted to.

Actually, BF 2142 Gunship is easier than BF 2 in my opinion. However, the down side is that the barrel roll and the auto adjust is annoying. [auto adjust - as in when the gunship try to straighten itself out, or "Trying" to do so.]

Heh...Take time adjusting to BF 2142. Also beware of those people who use gunship as transports to enemy titan and then bail out; and idiots who can't fly and blame other for it. Or in worse cases, those who can't fly kept stealing your vehicle and not waiting in line.

Welcome to the future of BF!

Comment

Originally posted by Marche View Post
                Link or it diddnt happen.
                Originally posted by Turdnugget View Post
                This is a server side hotfix therefor, this info is not announced to the public. It is just rolled out to the gsp's and installed by them. My clans server is being done today.

Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. Just like I was wrong about this bug in the first place.
                And just to back up nugget, in case some people still don't think things happen without a link:
                DICE has sent word that a small hotfix went out to Battlefield 2142 Ranked Server Providers today.

We hotfixed the Battlefield 2142 servers to give PAC Titan mode back its two attack aircraft.

The servers are running with the RSP's now

-DICE Live

Comment

It works fine now. Thank god EA was reacting so damn fast. My compliments EAGames.

Comment

woah, 2142 transports and gunships are way more versatile then bf2s, bf2s were way to twitchy and prone to just flipping imo. 2142s are a lot more control-able. you can fly them through much tighter spaces with more confidence that they wont brush a wall and twitch out on you.

well thats in my experience any way,

Comment

Nah BF2's choppers were much more maneuverable once you learned to fly them correctly.

Comment

Working...
                      X