Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two new maps are very disappointing

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625 View Post
    The feedback has been great guys. I'm glad you're enjoying Wake so much. The individuals who stated that they disliked the map all sounded like angry retards, so I don't put much stock in what they say.
    Unfortunately you have to, most servers are filled with them.

Wake is actually growing on me more and more, didn't like it too much at first and I can't say I care for shingle as much but I never did like CG... Would have been cool to see a hachimoto type watercraft to wake but the transport does a good enough job.

Comment

I like both of the new maps. Wake is fun with 10 players or 48, doesn't really matter. It is very well done.

Shingle I think needs a lot of players. We have been running it as the 64 man map with 48 players and the action is fast and furious. It takes some time to get to know the map though so you know what area's to stay away from.

Comment

I love Shingle. I think the map design is extremely unique. When I went into a local server with Jason the first time, I was in awe of its massive size (that's what she said, I know). The layout is just phenomenal.

I've been playing a lot of Wake games to see how the map turned out in a ranked environment and I've not seen a single person use the land bridge. Has anyone noticed that there's a sandbar of sorts running through the water?

Comment

my brother drove an FAV and stomped a walker across it. i dont play wake, it lags. shingle is mucho better

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625
            I've been playing a lot of Wake games to see how the map turned out in a ranked environment and I've not seen a single person use the land bridge. Has anyone noticed that there's a sandbar of sorts running through the water?
            I've marched a walker across the water a number of times but even though I saw the sand bar didn't realize you could drive a vehicle across it. I'll have to give that a go.

Comment

During our own open beta of Wake after the 1.5 beta was released, some of the individuals who participated said it was too difficult to get from one side of the island to the other for the EU. We agreed and added a thin sandbar. It's slow going across it, but I've used it at least 30 times to come up behind PAC positions by myself.

Comment

I'm guessing that given a little time and some players using it, it won't be long before it gets used a lot. I saw it, but I just had no idea that you could drive a vehicle across it. I know I will use it now.

Comment

That's why we're working on a Wake instructional video. I've noticed that a lot of people are still trying to blow up the core, lol.

Comment

That's why we're working on a Wake instructional video. I've noticed that a lot of people are still trying to blow up the core, lol.
                    Yeah, I had a guy in my squad run into the core and start throwing RDX on it once. Fortunately, he had a mic and was listening in VOIP when I told him to stop. We run FF on and I'm sure he would have blown us to bits. He had no idea you capped the core like a regular flag.

Comment

• Re: Two new maps are very disappointing

haha first time i played the map i was in there defending and a guy blew up his whole squad of course i had to give them all a Tbag for making me laugh so hard i dropped my cig.:thumbsup:

Comment

Imo Wake isn't too great (no offense Sir.s), but it's better and more ground focused then BF2's, which I like.

Comment

What battlefield really needs is a way to download maps in game. There could be several solutions to do this, so don't come and say it's impossible. This way community made maps would be played and the maps that were good was going to be seen by all.

Regarding to the two maps released. I appreciate that some people in the community are working, but I still find wake boring compared to BF1942 and BF2. Performance wise it's low and the middle point is really way too cluttered and the titans doesn't make that any better.

Shingle also has some performance problems, maybe some of you don't see it, but it's obviously not on par with the default maps.

Comment

I find the maps laggy and unplayable.:cry:

Comment

Have not tried shingles yet, but wake was fun to play on in a 32 player game, although I should try it on a 64 man server and on the PAC side first before deciding

Comment

Wake lags my current PC, and it don't feel that it works well with the BF2142 theme'd remake. The snow, the lack of features, if the old original wake was back, thatd be better. Plus, I've never been fond of the BF2142 air vehicles, so that takes away from Wake, which relied heavily on helos and jets.

I'll admit though, its pretty cool to see the Titans so low to the ground. The AA guns on the top side can actually depress low enough to shoot ground targets, but I don't know how effective that is. It scared the crap out of me the first time cause I thought the titan cannons had been made full automatic, cause the tracers came out like a hose and had some sizable explosions.

I kinda like Shingle, cause of the close combat and set up, although it is very Gibralter-esque. Its one downside, that makes it a challenge, is how seemingly vulnerable every position seems. Almost every position is looked down on from another piece of high ground, and if you are on the high ground, you are in fact very open and exposed to fire coming from large swaths of the map. Now its not like this everywhere, but its a comon characteristic, and provides an interesting challenge, requiring one to be alert and ready to shoot quickly and move. Otherwise, its good.

Its great to see new maps, but I've always hated how BF uses the same generic buildings in all its maps. I guess its easy, but doesn't allow for much uniqueness of the terrain. A larger variety of buildings and structures, mixed with more structures a player can enter would be better, but I don't see it happening (except in BF: Bad Company).

Comment

Working...
                                X