Two new maps are very disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two new maps are very disappointing

Ok, stop asking the same question over and over, Read Sir.aak625 his reaction. Explains everything.

Comment

Honestly...I like them both.

But i cannot stand how odd Wake is, i remember the BF2 Wake being alot more spacious (Dunno how to spell that) and having alot more Vehicles..(Where's all the Gunships :\).

But i LOVE the new idea for it, it's like a warped version of Titan...the idea of the Core being the flag is a great idea.

The AA Guns can now do more than just sit there and fire blindly at the other Titan.

Shingle : Epic win, it's like they smashed all the Maps together to create one Map that has so much close quarter combat it's not even funny.

The Trenches gave me a great movie feel too.

Shingle really feels like the CLOSEQUARTER Infantry Map that we hoped for with Northern Strike (Which only Leipzig had, I'll add...)

And seriously, thanks for adding no Vehicles...makes Cerbere and all that alot more fun.

Comment

close quarters. yeah its nice. but i dont know why people emphasize it so much. i shoot these voss noobs with krylov/ baur from long distances and then they shoot rockets at me. wtf close quarters.

i kind of thought all the maps have good close quarters areas. shingle seems to get better though the more i play it

Comment

The only thing shingle has in common with gib is choke points and some buildings are similar.

Comment

Im yet to try the new maps as i have to install BF2142 again, but this also means patching so im not really in any hurry. I see there are mixed opinions on the maps though.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
              i shoot these voss noobs with krylov/ baur from long distances and then they shoot rockets at me.
              whats your beef with the voss? its just a weapon that can easily be owned with the krylov/scar. so why are you so against it?

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
                whats your beef with the voss? its just a weapon that can easily be owned with the krylov/scar. so why are you so against it?
                Because it's very good for sprayin' n prayin' which just defeats the purpose of an assault rifle.

I don't have trouble with it but it sure has a crapload of ammo.

Comment

Krylov is much easier than Voss, I don't understand the critisism..

Comment

krylov shoots with 900 bullets per minute :| and does a maximum damage of 27
                    scar shoots with 600 bullets per minutes and does a maximum damage of 29

who would win? the krylov most of the times...

Comment

And thus the thread is now OT.

:locked:

Let's start a new thread on the Voss instead of bumping a thread started by a moron.

Comment

Good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                          close quarters. yeah its nice. but i dont know why people emphasize it so much. i shoot these voss noobs with krylov/ baur from long distances and then they shoot rockets at me. wtf close quarters.
                          Stop complaining like a scrub because its embarrassing

Comment

I have played both maps at a mates (2142 isnt on my pc atm)

and I loved both maps, Shingle was a welcome relief to the boredom of CampG, a good variation of infantry fighting that I found a lot more fun. Even with the inclusion of assault rifles that are stupidly easy to use I found myself loving it

and wake, great job, actually had the balls to mix it up a bit, I like the new airfield area and the titan dock, i just enjoyed it immensely, titan flag was a good idea as well

and the balance on the maps is great, played a few rounds as either team and enjoyed them all.

AND finally Wake isnt some spamfest inhabited by 100-0 jet whores that just ruin the map, it actually has meaningful tactics and rewarding gameplay. Not just spawn and insta die

enjoyed it a million times more than the bf2 version

Comment

i liked both maps, in fact, i've played all versions of wake island since BF1942 and this version is actually my favourite, and shingle or whatever is called is one of the best maps in the game for me right now, i love how high you can climb on it.

Comment

The feedback has been great guys. I'm glad you're enjoying Wake so much. The individuals who stated that they disliked the map all sounded like angry retards, so I don't put much stock in what they say.

Comment

Working...
                                X