Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two new maps are very disappointing

Originally posted by SpLiTz
    I love that it gives snipers a strong presence, and this comes from a non-sniper. They now play a very significant role in controlling a map.
    I agree with that. People have been complaining that the recon kit is useless. but I think they play more of a team role on Shingle than on other maps.

BTW Splitz, I think you killed me a bunch of times last night when I was trying to get your tags.:cry: was that you? I actually got a purple heart one round! :shock:lol

Comment

I would like to say that these to maps blow me away, especially for being community made.

Our clan server has wake and shingle running in rotation, 64 man, and I am only experiencing a little lag when eu and pac are all on the titan. But what do you expect when there are 64 ppl in such a small area.

I would like to thank the sir community for listening to community feedback and taking away the attack/defend bonus.

epic lolz at all the people that try to blow up the core on wake.

With time these maps will only get better, once people figure out the best tactic for winning.

As for imbalance, I do not see it. I have won multiple times on both sides. It just takes teamwork, and communication, which my clan is big on.

Comment

I'd like more maps like Shingle, but made to be more vehicle friendly. It almost, almost reminds me of the map design in BF2: Special Forces for the most part where the map design is very biased toward infantry survival by making it a pain for vehicles to traverse, and less open to direct fire from vehicles.

Shingle makes it a lot harder for walkers to advance if you've got no teamwork, making it hard for the average pub EU to break on through early, but it's a fun map once it really gets going and I'd definitely like more maps like that.

I don't like Wake on account of it being Wake and one of the least interesting maps out there. What about Operation Market Garden, Bocage, or Iwo Jima (though that's arguably a bad map)?
        I DO, however, like how they made Wake surprisingly aircraft-unfriendly with the AA battery, which is easily countered by sniping with a wide variety of weapons. So I'm really happy that it's not a straight transplant of the map. It's fresh despite its general topography. So yeah. I like the new maps overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Turdnugget View Post
          As for imbalance, I do not see it. I have won multiple times on both sides. It just takes teamwork, and communication, which my clan is big on.
          Good for you sir. :salute:

Comment

cg will remain king becase of it's mostly linear gameplay it's hard to flank and the two teams are often forced to slog it out and it comes down to who is the better shot as opposed to who can take the longest stupidest most winding route to shoot the other team in the back

also i don't like the extremely long v. distance in shingle too many snipers and at that range no one can be assed to use their rifle so it comes to pk whoring

wake omg wake is so lame im not even gunna start on wake everything from the theme to the fact that the anti aircraft on the titan chews the whole map to bits and lags it to death
            imo an epic fail

free maps don't like em , won't play em

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
              cg will remain king becase of it's mostly linear gameplay it's hard to flank and the two teams are often forced to slog it out and it comes down to who is the better shot as opposed to who can take the longest stupidest most winding route to shoot the other team in the back
              That's the quintessence of the Battlefield series as a whole: squad-based tactics. For straight-up no-nonsense fights, consider Unreal Tournament.

wake omg wake is so lame im not even gunna start on wake everything from the theme to the fact that the anti aircraft on the titan chews the whole map to bits and lags it to death
              imo an epic fail
              There's a crest on the southwest fork that allows you to completely ignore the AA gun as infantry since it provides a natural cover. On the north side, there are enough vehicles to allow a good many people to bust through without much trouble, either by speed using a FAV, or by taking shelter in a tank or battlewalker.

As far as anti-aircrafting goes, I successfully landed an air transport inside the EU hangar, knifed the gun operators, then went down to the corridors with my squad and raised hell. The battle became much of a tank/walker asset keeping game afterwards. The core changed hands a few times but we had already bled the EU enough to gain the advantage. I also stood right next to the gunship spawn in a walker and took down whoever was brave/stupid enough to try to get into it. Six people tried themselves right before my eyes. They will be sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
                imo an epic fail

free maps don't like em , won't play em
                Ahahahahahahaha! :laugh:

Comment

First off buddy, the "Titan humping" is an issue with the game itself, not Sir. And it seems to occur mostly before the game even starts. So your SS's don't really say much.

I can say, for what the Sir Community had to work with in 2142, they did a pretty damn good job on Wake.
                  However, I still find it lacking. Not because of their efforts. Just more so because of the map quality and capabilities in 2142 vs BF2.
                  In BF2 it seemed more expansive, and bigger. There were way more places to hide, or take cover. The ground had more variation.

Comment

yeah seriousy they are new maps. i didnt think there would be another patch or new maps but here we go. pretty dumb to complain about new free maps for a game that you like.

Comment

Wake is actually a great map when you have people that work together, Shingle is starting to grow on me, I like them both and appreciate free maps. Kudos to all involved. :thumbsup:

Now about the gunship shield... lol
                      :nanahump:

Comment

wake is so great, It isnt even worthy to Play it by some whining idiot that *youreadthis* YOU! *youreadthis* are at this moment

why Making this ******** useless topics, Dont like em, dont play em. Or do you just wanna spam ur post count ? go to the offtopic spamdump then.
                        Goodluck with it

Comment

i agree with Taaloon on this... if u dont like the maps, dont play them, and dont ***** about them.

Comment

AGREED... Thats the thing about free stuff; you can't complain. And don't give me some BS about DICE not caring about the community... They aren't the ones holding the reigns as far as what they can or cannot do. They just follow orders, orders given by the producer. Honestly, a game company does NOT even have to make patches. Once you have purchased the game, its your problem. Simply the fact that they are fixing things (or attempting to fix things) and letting the COMMUNITY (yes boys and girls, thats YOU!) add stuff is outstanding for a company owned by this particular producer. If you want to bi0tch, go do it at them. Then you will see what a true monster of a company thinks of you.

PS: This post is meant as a slap to the face in addition to jest. Its not a flame per se, its more of a joke+flame... So don't take it personally.

Comment

I think some of this forum's greatest members have shown themselves in this thread. Rewards for them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                                PS: This post is meant as a slap to the face in addition to jest. Its not a flame per se, its more of a joke+flame... So don't take it personally.
                                *knives Fingulfin anyway*

Comment

Working...
                                X