Two new maps are very disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new maps are very disappointing

Wake Island.....is this some kind of bad joke?
    First off it's very lopsided......its OFFENCE against DEFENCE.......poorly placed objects......and doesnt even keep the spirit of the previous Wake's.Not only that ...but the 3 servers i've been on that have been playing it have been lagging very badly because of the Titan AA gun use.

Shingle.......reminds me of someone who crapped his bed designing this work of (F)Art.Its basically a ripoff of Camp Gibraltar.No original thought went into this design at all.

Another beef.....map related......the MAPS on the leaderboard are not shown..the new maps.Why play these if the program doesnt keep showable stats????

BOOM.....outta here!!!:shock:

Re: Two new maps are very disappointing

wake gets annoying fast, imo its too small. the first wake was better obvious. love the loading music though!

op shingle i think is a blast, huge maps and a lot going on. oh well i guess they cant please everyone

overall im happy, 2 new maps were needed (the game was getting boring)

Comment

Two new maps for free. Any new content is welcome in my opinion and Anzio is fast becoming my new favourite map.

Comment

Shingle is vastly different from Camp G. It may have the same "feel", but gameplay is much faster and there's vertical fighting as well.

Comment

I disagree, as wizrd said shingle is far more diverse than gib given the vast increase in vertical plane battles you get. It actually reuses aspects from most of the previous maps but it's a map choc full of areas which promote new styles of play. Had a lot of fun on it so far.

Wake island I've had some fun on already. Granted if the attacking team doesn't play smart they get entirely decimated, it's a difficult map but I don't really care that it plays different to previous wakes, it's a different game.

Free maps, don't like em, don't play em

Comment

IMO i dont like wake island. But shingle is pretty nice since i hate CG and never play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeyezzz View Post
              Another beef.....map related......the MAPS on the leaderboard are not shown..the new maps.Why play these if the program doesnt keep showable stats????
              It's for free. Most people play for the fun anyway. I sure don't care about the few rounds not showing up in my stats. And as a 52 year old you are using way too many question marks. :|:

Comment

Wake will never be what it was on BF2..without the gunships it'd stand more of a chance, and those titan AAs are annoying to say the least..

Comment

BOOM.....outta here!!!:shock:
                  goodbye

Comment

LOL...i'm getting flamed for question marks now?????

If it makes you feel any better Stam........make my day.

Comment

LOL...i'm getting flamed for question marks now?????

If it makes you feel any better Stam........make my day.
                      I'm not flaming you man. Soon enough you will discover that no one is taking you serious anyway. Thats the stigma with young teenagers, isn't it? Oh, I forgot, sorry.

Comment

yea i don't like wake one bit, and it runs too poorly (performance wise). shingles is actually a decent map, so far at least.

Comment

shingle is a very diverse map, it has practically everything from super tight close quarters alleyways to large multiplex buildings, great sight distance, nice curvy hills with good cover and alot of open spaces for long range shooting.

You know what map is alot funner IO? 8v8 Minsk

Comment

Shingle was amazing. Though it does have the same feel to it as Camp G, the multiple levels, are a great feature compared to that of any other map I have seen so far.

Wake.. is Wake. For the excitement it got, it hasn't lived up to it. I love the over design, but when it comes to gameplay, its a bit generic.

Like did say, defence vs. offence.

But considering the amount of time taken for the patch, nothing has changed much. Pretty much uninstalled the game after a day.

Comment

Both maps seem more intensive than the rest, even Highway Tampa, on Shingle I always stutter the first few times I scope in/out.

Comment

Working...
                              X