My PR exp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PR exp.

Jumped into a game/squad as medic. Was that big desert map with the A10 and large bunker (too lazy to get the name atm lol). Anywho... I had someone lead me all through the trenches healing the odd soldier here and there giving me pointers on medic stuff, he typed to me, "They will die without us..". Eventually we came upon our squad. In a trench outside south bunker. I realized right away this was NOT like Vbf2. No running in willy nilly, this was serious. Then I put my headphones on and heard the SL giving orders. He said, "Stay outside boys, it's crawling in there. I'm calling in an A10 to make a pass on it". So as it happens about a minute later I heard it. Just about Sh&*t myself. BLLUUUUWWAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM. The A10 swooped down outa nowhere and filled the bunker with 20mm depleted uranium butt squasher. We were then given the order to penetrate the building. In we ran... and the rest is history.
    I wish everyone could have had that experience as their first one. Since then I've had many amazing gameplay moments. Sometimes it is really slow, but when the action does happen it blows Vbf2 away.

Re: My PR exp.

Nice review. I love those sorts of cinematic experiences

Comment

There has been thousands more since. That was only my first.

Another Quicky,
      (Please forgive my grammer and punctuation for I was not an editor of I.Asimov stories/novels. This statement already makes it less quick.)

Al Basrah.
      0735hrs

I was riding in an Armored Personal Carrier from the airbase positioned far to the north. It was a long ride with my squad.
      We were not alone though, there were three others with us: the driver of the vehicle, his gunner, and an engineer.
      I was informed by my commanding officer that we were to be deposited somewhere to the southwest of a large city.
      We were to proceed into the city on foot, and to search for contacts.
      The apc came to a halt, and I immediately jumped out. Unfortunately no one else had yet.
      I moved off the road and down the hill that lay infront of me.
      There were buildings, behind a large stone wall, along the road the apc was parked on.
      From behind the buildings I heard the sound of a motorcycle heading this way.
      The sound grew to loud to quickly.
      Out from a gap in the wall it came. At break neck speeds the maniac drove right at me.
      At the last second he veered around me and turning with it, I watched in horror as the bike closed with apc then exploded.
      Killing the cyclist, and blowing up the apc.
      It was quiet after that.
      Just the burning wreckage smoldering against the sky.
      I slowly turned back and the city lay stretched out before me...

Comment

glad you had a good first experiences, the map you played on there is called Kashan Desert

Comment

Well my first few games were just epic. Even the one on kashan, where I had to walk from main to the bunkers because no one would pick me up.

It is the reason PR is the most played and successful mod, these experiences and the squad teamwork. Other mods may have some wonderful content, and I love content, but what beats everything is the teamwork and coordination between mature and friendly people.

Comment

Ya since then I have dragged a few friends into it. They were not lucky enough to have the same experience as me. Mostly because I was like, "Get the Frak back in the tank! Contact 60!, You see the degrees at the bottom!?!?! LOOK FOR 60! Hit X to zoom!" ect. :laugh:

Comment

wish I had that kind of PR xperience..

btw, Im thinking of getting PR mod while waiting for AIX, so just curious, how long does an average round lasts? 'Cause I just play for fun and stops playing after like 1 hour... do I have at least time to finish a round ? or I'll spend most of my time running around :P

just to make sure before start downloading this 2 GB mod.... wth still dont believe it,... 2gb...

Comment

Rounds generally last 1-2 hours

Comment

Yeah, it depends on the map and what server you play on, if both sides have alot of teamwork like Tactical Gamer does, then there would be a longer round.

Comment

Basrah rounds last up to 3 hours, sometimes they end in 30 minutes, though iv never seen a match end like a IO karkand server, 5 minutes?

Comment

Ok I downloaded this mod and gave it a try... not bad, I just have to get used to the huge maps and slow gameplay, but sad I didn't experience what you described lol.
                      Some squad doesn't interact at all, other don't speak english...

and how comes I'm "banned" from a few servers (namely Tactical Gamers, gamearena,) when this is my first in PR...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayflower
                        and how comes I'm "banned" from a few servers (namely Tactical Gamers, gamearena,) when this is my first in PR...
                        some servers have a network ban list, so if you where banned from that server group in BF2, all thous servers w/e mod etc they where running would also have you banned. Best thing you can do is to talk to them about it.

Comment

I had a rather epic round on Kashan. I was USMC and me and a full squad was stuck at US outpost, and all the mec were surrounding us. Our team couldn't get near us, but we fought the good fight and managed to cap the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayflower
                            Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                            some servers have a network ban list, so if you where banned from that server group in BF2, all thous servers w/e mod etc they where running would also have you banned. Best thing you can do is to talk to them about it.
                            Or maybe he didn't join a squad. Some servers kick/ban for not being in a squad.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt
                              Or maybe he didn't join a squad. Some servers kick/ban for not being in a squad.
                              that would only be a 30sec temp ban max...

Comment

Working...
                              X