1.4 to 1.5 Incremental Prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 to 1.5 Incremental Prob

Situation is that when installing from 1.4 to 1.5 with the incremental patch, I am given no error messages until I actually try to join a server. The map information is loaded and after clicking Join Game, I am told that I need to Revert my Modified Data to an Official version.

The only peculiarities about my 2142 folder is that I deleted all the movies with the exception of Dice.bik (in order to facilitate the use of the alt-tab fix linked here: http://battlefield2.filefront.com/fi...TTAB_Fix;74863 ) and after installing the patch, renamed the 2142.exe. I also had NS installed while using the Incremental patch.

Any reason or solution?

I am downloading the Full Patch now in case that fixes this problem, but if you know what's up, then please reply as there may be others with this problem.

Updating punkbuster did not fix this, btw.

From its current build of "1.5", patching with the full patch in that state did not work.

Update and End:

To answer any questions, this wasn't patching over the Beta folder that I'd already copied. I have already re-patched with the full patch. The only peculiarity about my game was that I renamed the introductory videos with the exception of Dice.bik and the use of this alt+tab "fix" (linked above), which I haven't re-downloaded since full patching.

So, for some reason beyond my understanding, don't use the incremental patch even though it seems logical and more convenient.

Re: 1.4 to 1.5 Incremental Prob

I am having this same exact problem. I downloaded the full 1.50 patch and installed it. And I get exactly what you described. I made sure I even joined a server that listed 1.50 in its title. So much for playing this new patch lol.

I don't know if you did this but did you try out the 1.50 beta when it was released?

That is what I tried and when I installed the offical 1.50 patch over the beta maybe my files are not correct... I guess a full reinstall for this game is needed... and well I'm lazy. I think I will just play more PR.

Comment

You was supposed to copy your 2142 folder, when you tried the BETA.
      You'll need to do a fresh reinstall if you haven't backed up your folder.

Comment

Yup, that did it for me. I figured the CD was already in my drive.. so no need to go look for it so I went ahead and reinstalled applied full patch and updated PB and it all works.

Comment

Yep, best way to install 1.5 is to download the full patch, uninstall BF2142 then reinstall it then apply the full 1.5 patch.

Comment

I remember an old patch for bf2 where the incremental version made problems. Since then I always downloaded the full version.

Comment

Isn't it meant to be 1.41 - 1.5?

Comment

Working...
              X