Widescreen improved any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widescreen improved any?

When I use widescreen on the beta, my game would never reload after closing, so I'm not going to try it, but they havent even put it in the menu, so I'm guessing after all of this time they couldnt even create a proper widescreen mode?

Re: Widescreen improved any?

Be cool and use a 21" CRT LIKE ME!!!!!

Comment

So, did v1.5 patch add more resolutions or what? If so is 1680x1050 supported now? I wanna know before I reinstall this game and see if its any decent now.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeDooD View Post
        So, did v1.5 patch add more resolutions or what? If so is 1680x1050 supported now? I wanna know before I reinstall this game and see if its any decent now.
        I didn't discover it yet there are no new resolutions in the options screen.

Any help.. I force widescreen with adding +widescreen to my desktop icon so I think I have it already

Comment

You need to edit your shortcut and change +fullscreen to be +widescreen. Then the widescreen resolutions will be available to you in the options.

Comment

Is there actually any change in the quality/nature of the visuals over using the old system of +szy/+szy on the target line?

I use a 24" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200, and haven't really seen any improvement in this new setting over 'forcing' the resolution on previous patches.

Comment

Originally posted by flanker1121 View Post
              Is there actually any change in the quality/nature of the visuals over using the old system of +szy/+szy on the target line?

I use a 24" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200, and haven't really seen any improvement in this new setting over 'forcing' the resolution on previous patches.
              I am a bit curious about this too, since the old mode was just stretched and DICE was very vocal about increased FOV being an unfair advantage.

Of course I also remember one of them stating that there would never be a wake map in 2142.......

Comment

actually my friend tried it and he said 1680x1050 wasnt supported but its like 1600x1000 or something

Comment

Okay I have changed

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

to

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

and the resolution 1680 x 1050 is available in the options screen:yay:

Comment

Does anyone have a comparision shot of playing with your resolution forced in your command line vs playing it with the in-game setting?

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
                      Does anyone have a comparision shot of playing with your resolution forced in your command line vs playing it with the in-game setting?
                      I'll do that now!

Comment

Originally posted by EnergyNL View Post
                        Okay I have changed

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

to

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

and the resolution 1680 x 1050 is available in the options screen:yay:
                        Tried that, no luck

Comment

Did you update to 1.5?

Comment

Well, perhaps it was like this before, perhaps not, but I tried the widescreen resolution today and noticed that now I can see more of the Dropship cockpit. Before I could only see the round bar that went out around the windshield, but now I see two bars going up as well along each side.

Maybe it was always there but i've only been using the same resolution since day one.

Comment

Widescreen looks great, no stretching. It also enables 1680x1050.

Here's how to set up widescreen from EA's support page:

While Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50 adds widescreen functionality, it is not available by default. Widescreen mode is currently a beta feature and has some minor graphical issues regarding the weapons in game, however these do not affect gameplay. If you would like to activate Widescreen functionality please use the following steps:
                              1. Locate your Battlefield 2142 shortcut
                              2. Right-Click and select Properties
                              3. At the end of the Target line you should see +fullscreen 1
                              4. After this add +widescreen 1
                              5. You will now have widescreen resolutions available in Video options in the front end

Note: By doing this you accept that there will be some minor graphical issues in your game and these should not be raised as an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X