The Steamworks update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Steamworks update

What do you think about the coming steamworks update with achievements and a more 1.3 oriented weapon behavior?

You can obtain the beta via steam as a separate game if you own DoD:S on the account.

Will it be good or bad for DoD:S?

Re: The Steamworks update

Hm, I've never played anything other then source, and I only got the chance to fool around on an empty server the other day.....what's so different about the whole "center-weighted firing cone?". The only thing I noticed was less Garand recoil and a more accurate Thompson.

Comment

well it used to be that if you aimed a submachine gun at someone it would take a vast amount of bullets despite your aim to kill someone

because they would spit bullets everywhere

I think they refined the CoD so the bullets are more concentrated, eg actually in line more with where you aim making the smgs more effective

Comment

So is that the largest gameplay difference? How about the support rifles? I always liked DoD recoil system (like actually having the gun kick up when it fires), but I never really liked the way SMG kills seemed random because of the ridiculous amount of deviation.

Comment

its still got the nice recoil etc, just the smgs were like you said pretty crap for shooting

they were more like firing the scatter gun from tf2 or something

Comment

Yeah, except without the sweet double jump and increased speed.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the beta atm.. the garand buff is a nice extra.

Comment

Working...
              X