spotting targets glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting targets glitch?

Just wondering... Quite often when my teammates spot enemy targets they dont show in red on my minimap. I just see my teammate blinking yellow but no spotted target around him. Sometimes that target appears a bit later but sometimes it doesnt show at all. Is that a bug/glitch or? I am pretty sure they don't explicitly define target type but it should show even without defining it

Re: spotting targets glitch?

I think there's a limit on how far away a spotted target shows up on your map.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
      I think there's a limit on how far away a spotted target shows up on your map.
      Yep, there is a set distance that will make that happen. I am not sure yet if the distance is in relation to the person spotting or the person being spotted yet.

Comment

OK then more questions

1. What is the distance? Is it different for different targets?
        2. Would it show if I defined spotted enemy type? I mean on real target that is far away and not enemy boat on karkand style

I never really tried or paid attention to this

Comment

I get something similar kind of......

When spotting an enemy, there is absolute silence, no "Enemy Spotted"(meaning suspicion, without an actual enemy spotted), and no "Hostiles on the Ground"(meaning actual enemy troop), just silence.

This was after the introduction of the "taunt" where you can spot a dead enemy you just killed and have an evil giggle audible.

But as the OP listed, i also have the same issue. I dont believe its with distance, because i can spot a troop 125m away, and get notification, and then spot one 50m away and get the good old "Enemy Spotted" accompanied with the red question mark on the mini map.

Personally i chalk it up to being just your good ol' Bf2 bugs.......lord knows theres a ton, haha.

Comment

Yeah, I've been having similar problems but it's always been like that. A lot of times when I have line-of-sight on a chopper and spot it, it doesn't register. Usually there are objects to the sides of the chopper. It's really annoying because I run out of spots.

This reminds me:
            I have 2 computers next to eachother, and sometimes I play with my dad or use the other computer to test things in a LAN game. I noticed that a lot of the time when I use the in-game chat, it doesn't show up on the other computer. I guess I do kinda have a weird installation on my secondary, but I think this might be a global bug. Anyone else notice this?

Comment

The distance is 550m.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by p-n*Cynic~Gunner View Post
                The distance is 550m.

You're welcome.
                440m = tv range
                550m = spotting range
                660m = ?possibly the next axiom of the bf2 universe?

Comment

I see.

Comment

Originally posted by DogGunn
                    I see.
                    Your website is pretty terrible, considering you call it "amazing" :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X