Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest "server disconnect" announcement from EA

"Hi everyone,
    As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been experiencing issues with players disconnecting from Battlefield servers over the past couple of weeks.

We’ve been working with several of our partners to troubleshoot and narrow down the possible culprit; and although we see the light at the end of the tunnel, we’re not there yet.

Additionally we’re pushing buttons, prodding circuits and dis- and reconnecting cables in all the right places and expect to have more information for you very soon.

Please hang in there. We have a lot of talented people working out the kinks and we’ll get this sorted so you can go back to your trusted Battlefield experience."

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battle...&storyid=23285

Well, at least they're pushing buttons...

Re: Latest "server disconnect" announcement from EA

I haven't had a Disconnect in 3 days, I think its mostly fixed... Grats EA.

Comment

yup same counts for me :yay:

Comment

Still getting the odd one here and there but it's starting to get better. At least, I haven't had an 8-disconnects-in-one-hour day for a while.

About bloody time to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
          I haven't had a Disconnect in 3 days, I think its mostly fixed... Grats EA.
          my games been running pretty smooth for the last number of days. either reinstalling my os made a big difference or the master server isnt doing any work or something idk but its nice

Comment

I keep getting the black screen glitch whenever I try to scrim. But not when I want to pub, =*(.

So far as EA kicks, went a day without one then got a ton the next day.

Comment

I got server disconnects, but I don't get the Master Server disconnects anymore. +1 EA

Comment

I got disconnected only once, though I've seen people dropping for no reason. They'll be winning, in the top five and drop, but yeah. It's definitely been improved.

Comment

Maybe enough people and servers fled 42 from all the discons that the reduced load fixed it.

Comment

yeah I was gonna say the same, Dint get disc for about 3 days also.

Comment

maybe they got a new hamster to power the master server. i heard the previous one had died.

Comment

Some idiot at EA tripped over a cable or wire. Hopefully they get fixed ASAP. I live in Eastern Canada and server crashes and D/Cs are my daily routine lol.

Comment

[quote=DDoubleVVision;2056795]
                          "....
                          Additionally we’re pushing buttons, prodding circuits and dis- and reconnecting cables in all the right places and expect to have more information for you very soon.

Please hang in there. We have a lot of talented people working out the kinks and we’ll get this sorted so you can go back to your trusted Battlefield experience.
                          ......"

Are they serious? A multi-million company like EA is fixing this problem by "dis- and re-connecting cables" with "a lot of talented people" ??? I mean, ok, most BF players are probably children but telling them these things insults their intelligence.

If they really don't know how to fix these things with their servers, better take a look in Wikipedia for server clustering and hot plug-in hardware.

...Or send me an email, I promise I'll help them :evil:

Comment

So its been a good run...but now I'm back to Master Server Disconnects tonight. Had 2 in an hour, plus a couple of basic disconnects before and after that. I'm I the only one, or is this crap back to haunt us?

Comment

I played for about 2½-3 hours tonight and not a single problem. Not even any lag to speak of. 'Twas quite nice.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                              X