Sniper layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper layout

I know this has been hashed over a few times, but I am looking at this at a different angle.

So if you want to be a 100% stealth sniper you silence everything, use UAV Jammer and dead silence. I think we all agree with that.

In Hardcore:
    What I want to know is if you have a kit that uses overkill and use whatever weapon you want, does it matter if its silenced? Since you are using overkill, you lose the UAV Jammer. Hardcore has no map unless a UAV comes online, which they see you already.

So, wouldn't it be better to use a weapon with a RDS instead of a silencer? Even a silenced weapon you still hear unless youre across the map, which with a regular weapon you would have time to change spots and hide.

In Regular:
    What I want to know is if it would be better to have stopping power or overkill?

I know there are a lot of variations and everyone has their layouts they like, but I want to know about these specifics. If you have to choose between the above mentioned, and no other, which would make more sense? Also, forget about the guns with the bugs in them if you use an RDS or silencer, lets just asume all guns are equal with no problems.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Sniper layout

Well personally I don't use UAV jammer in my sniper kit, because it doesn't matter how stealthy you are, you still show up on the UAV as soon as you shoot. You can have a silenced pistol but they are so weak you can't trust them imo. I usually switch my pistol to a dropped SMG or something while I'm playing anyway (to compliment my sniper rifle which is basically only worth using at long range).

Personally I don't think it's worth using UAV jammer in HC either. Your gun is too loud to be unnoticed by a good player and if they have a UAV up you'll show up as soon as you fire an unsilenced weapon. But to each their own.

I never use overkill because it's really easy to pick up a weapon by some dead guy. Besides, the Deagle is awesome

This is mainly if I'm playing an objective based mode like S&D.

Comment

So what do you use for your level 2 perk? Youre not using UAV jammer or overkill. Stopping power?

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I play HC, and yes UAV jammer is a bit pointless because if its a small amount of people you are quite likely to kill the guy on a 2 kill streak, and he has to work harder as there isnt as many people, where on a 20 man server where one can get a 3 kill streak with one nade, I think its rather handy, as there is most of the time a perma-uav.

This is my kit - Silenced Skorpion
        M40
        Claymores
        Overkill
        Steady aim
        Smoke

Silenced on HC is useful because as I do, I rely quite alot on my hearing, most of the time I can tell where a guy is at by just the sound of him shooting. Also heres a Q, does a silencer take away any of the tracer?
        And yes on most maps you don't need a silencer, but for the skorpian I can use the iron sights just aswell as the RDS, so I might just put a silencer on it. Also silenced weapons sound cool

Comment

I've just really got into the sniping after a wee shot with the Barret a while back.

Now using the first semi auto sniper rifle (m21? cannae mind) Great rifle with stopping power.

And as been said try to swap out the pistol in game for a SMG/AR soon as. Saying that done quite a few folk close up with the sniper rifle unscoped banging out as mant shots as possible.

Also use a combo of 3 frags and a stun in case I get attacked by opponents close up which can be quite effective.

Comment

having seliced weapon + uav jammer + dead silence is the biggest advantage in the game because as soon as the uav in online all the ppl start to run to the red dots on the radar and never look to the left or right. It s prety funny when you are the last man and the other team turns on uav jammer but they cant see **** on the radar xD.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
              So what do you use for your level 2 perk? Youre not using UAV jammer or overkill. Stopping power?
              Yes, usually stopping power. I very rarely play HC.

Comment

Dead Silence is pretty much useless for a sniper.

Personally, I don't move much as a sniper, so I don't use it.

For me, HC SnD would be:

M40
                Silenced USP
                Bandoilier/Claymore
                Stopping Power/UAV Jammer
                Iron Lungs

In normal
                M40
                Bandolier
                Stopping Power
                Iron Lungs

I NEED Bandolier because I can easily go on a 30 - 35 streak using just the sniper rifle. (Adjusting for a few missed )

I'd say, don't use overkill. If you are good with a silenced pistol, the second primary weapon is not needed. (in HC)

Comment

I play with:

-M40/R700
                  -Bandolier
                  -Stopping Power
                  -Eavesdrop
                  *Silver Deagle

I use eavesdrop for 2 reasons, 1 of course is the lack of any 3rd perk in competition. However, the main reason is because I believe that by using a terrible perk over say iron lungs or deep impact, it helps you improve your raw skill/ability.
                  If you don't use iron lungs you get used to taking shots much more quickly, and if you don't use deep impact you can focus on aiming at the target rather than simply being able to shoot through their cover.

Comment

M40
                    Bandolier
                    Stopping Power
                    Iron Lungs

What CAL/CEVO uses

Comment

Lol that's your reasoning for everything noobcake. Plus you hardly ever scope :dead:.

Comment

Pubstar ftw.

Red Camo'd Barret.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodak` View Post
                          Lol that's your reasoning for everything noobcake. Plus you hardly ever scope :dead:.
                          This is because u hog it.. noobcake

Originally posted by Epic // View Post
                          Pubstar ftw.

Red Camo'd Barret.
                          Barret FTW!! sadly its not in PAM

Comment

Originally posted by b` m3ow
                            This is because u hog it.. noobcake

Barret FTW!! sadly its not in PAM
                            It's in TWL n00bmuffin.

Comment