so the GPU apparently takes a dump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so the GPU apparently takes a dump.

ive heard quite a bit of nonsense about depending on what kind of gpu and processor you have if your graphics setting are put to all low it could potentially DECrease your fps and game performance because theres not a high graphic demand so more of the image processing work is given to the cpu and the cpu has to work HARDer.

This still doesnt make sense to me, i mean it would be logical to think of it as / You take away X amount of work for the computer to do so the computer can work faster with the smaller load placed on it./

but then this isnt the case....

so any of you computer NERDZ (more of a compliment actually lol) can maybe spell this out for me so i can understand? and then is there any way to change how your comp distributes workloads and such? cause with my
    7900GS dumping more calculations onto my wimpy PenitumD 805 i dont see how that is a helpful thing to do

Re: so the GPU apparently takes a dump.

Originally posted by Field View Post
    ive heard quite a bit of nonsense about depending on what kind of gpu and processor you have if your graphics setting are put to all low it could potentially DECrease your fps and game performance because theres not a high graphic demand so more of the image processing work is given to the cpu and the cpu has to work HARDer.

This still doesnt make sense to me, i mean it would be logical to think of it as / You take away X amount of work for the computer to do so the computer can work faster with the smaller load placed on it./

but then this isnt the case....

so any of you computer NERDZ (more of a compliment actually lol) can maybe spell this out for me so i can understand? and then is there any way to change how your comp distributes workloads and such? cause with my
    7900GS dumping more calculations onto my wimpy PenitumD 805 i dont see how that is a helpful thing to do
    I found I lose some performance, not as bad as Loket, when I turn sound quality to low. But when I tweak with video options I receive no improvement nor degradation. It means my CPU is bottlenecking my graphics. However, there are still CPU related jobs such as transferring data from one place to another, so low texture/geometry can improve a bit. The only cure for Titan or 64p lags is a faster computer. If you tweak with graphics and see improvement through enhancing function, then you probably had the game dumping workload to CPU rather than GPU. Set everything in medium and do the test based on that. Usually you'll get better performance if you set texture/geometry/terrain in low but others in medium.

Comment

Working...
    X