Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats that sound.. Knife skillz with moose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats that sound.. Knife skillz with moose.

I posted this in the "so you want to be good with a Knife" thread but I thought I would post it again here in the medea section.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV4qIwWWmG0[/media]

Let me know what you guys think :salute: Thanks for watching.

Re: Whats that sound.. Knife skillz with moose.

You are still forgetting to use Battledirector... Get rid of those ugly nametags and server messages.

Comment

There are no server messages & the name tags are fine with me .

Great feedback though

you dont need BD to get rid of the HUD

Comment

I loved it. Great editing

GG

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnz3r View Post
          There are no server messages & the name tags are fine with me .

Great feedback though

you dont need BD to get rid of the HUD
          BD is the simplest way. I was making BR videos when BattleDirector wasn't working, and every time I wanted to get rid of the nametags I had to edit my global.con file manually... Then when I wanted to actually play I would have to edit it back. Getting rid of the HUD is easy, but why take one step when you can take 2? Frankly there are two kinds of BR Videos; you have "Gameplay" videos which are normally short and made to emphasize a point (usually "OMG HEZ H4XING"). On the other hand, you have frag videos. IMO, a frag video is only as impressive as its editing. Each time you make a movie, you should strive to improve, never settling for quality that is on par with your previous videos. You have made tons of these movies, and they are all just about the same. There is nothing wrong with making a million knife videos, its just that people want to see something fresh... What I want to see is you take a step forward out of contentedness and remove some nametags :salute:

Other than that, your video was just about the same as your others. The music was kinda meh but the knifing was good.
          4/5

Comment

You don't have to edit the con file, their is a command that you type into the console to make them go away. I used it in the few shorts I made for the osis movie. I would leave them turned on till I found the guy I wanted to record, then turn them off using the command. Couldn't have been simpler. I don't remember them right off hand, but I'll google it up and post it in a sec.

renderer.drawNametags 0
            and
            renderer.drawHud 0

just type that into the console and boom it's done
            use a 1 at the end to turn them back on.

word of caution tho renderer.drawHud 0 will make the como-rose that you use to control the BR vanish, so bone up on the keyboard shortcuts before you turn it off.

Comment

Really? I tried renderer.drawNametags and it didn't work... I always added it to the .con file. Meh

Comment

you just didnt do it right lol

Comment

Fing I have made 2 knifing videos 3 videos total... The quality of editing has improved greatly if I don't say so myself. As far as the music being "meh " You don't get the joke I guess. I left the name tags in to keep continuity through out the editing.

I appreciate the criticism but i dont think I will be taking it to heart or giving it much credulity. I think Making vids is about style and originality. I have seen "tons" of vids from you. With plenty MEh music and generic format.

Comment

However your style and originality is exactly the same throughout Note that I stopped making videos with sequels; I realized that people get bored of the same subject if its done too often. Sure, my videos have meh music. I personally only listen to Norwegian Punk-Alternative and Classical music (not kidding), so all the music I use was recommended by others. I'm sure you can do better.

As for not taking criticism to heart, thats your problem not mine. I am generally regarded as a good critic, but if you don't like it thats fine.

As for my videos, I try to be different. I can't recall seeing a Goliath frag video before mine was made, and there was only one video that used the Clark 12 RDX before mine. If I didn't care about originality, I would have at least 50 videos out by now (I record 75% of the time I play). Once again, its all about preference... I did not "prefer" the music you used

Comment

Dont get me wrong I do enjoy your videos and I do put value on your critisim. You are right the music point is mute.

Though I believe style and originality go way beyond what kit you are playing

Comment

they're both the same cuz it's w/ me. the first was more of a tribute w/ a political statement of how legit players get wiped, while they leave all the padders. we were working on getting an out all knife ownage video, but hasn't happened yet. instead he went w/ "what's that sound theme". i think it's pretty funny actually. this film is more about Pwnz3r's editing than my knifing. if you notice, the music in many spots is tied in to what's actually happening. just as an example the beginning of the song where they say "there's a man w/ a gun over there". i still would like to do an all-out knife owage in a single round & a funny "instructional" video. not instructions on how to knife, but how to perform other tasks, in a funny light. as far as the program he uses, he doesn't have much choice other than battle recorder. my computer just flat out will not handle fraps. if i could manage 20 fps, that would be a blessing, but it's more like 10ish...just unbearable. so that's why you have the battlerecorder angles in both vids.

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnz3r View Post
                          Fing I have made 2 knifing videos 3 videos total... The quality of editing has improved greatly if I don't say so myself. As far as the music being "meh " You don't get the joke I guess. I left the name tags in to keep continuity through out the editing.

I appreciate the criticism but i dont think I will be taking it to heart or giving it much credulity. I think Making vids is about style and originality. I have seen "tons" of vids from you. With plenty MEh music and generic format.
                          i got the joke but yes the music is MEEEHHH

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle View Post
                          they're both the same cuz it's w/ me. the first was more of a tribute w/ a political statement of how legit players get wiped, while they leave all the padders. we were working on getting an out all knife ownage video, but hasn't happened yet. instead he went w/ "what's that sound theme". i think it's pretty funny actually. this film is more about Pwnz3r's editing than my knifing. if you notice, the music in many spots is tied in to what's actually happening. just as an example the beginning of the song where they say "there's a man w/ a gun over there". i still would like to do an all-out knife owage in a single round & a funny "instructional" video. not instructions on how to knife, but how to perform other tasks, in a funny light. as far as the program he uses, he doesn't have much choice other than battle recorder. my computer just flat out will not handle fraps. if i could manage 20 fps, that would be a blessing, but it's more like 10ish...just unbearable. so that's why you have the battlerecorder angles in both vids.

you have a job im pretty sure caus you and all of your friends are older than 21 and if its important, youd spend the money and just get better hardware.

Comment

Come on Field Buffalo Springfield - whats that sound is a classic , But i understand. Originally I was just going to use it as teh intro and the rest of the Vid was going to be fast paced moose pwnage with some asskicking instrumentals.. but time constraints and hardware issues cut into the project a bit.

Comment

nice video, There is actually a remix of that song. Rap version but i forgot the name. Would you happen to know it?

Comment

Working...
                              X