HELP!!!! Weird connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!! Weird connection problem

Hi. I'm having problems connecting to a certain server Bamboo Commandos I have benn playing this server for the past 6 months and had no problem. Other servers are no problem, have tried 10 orthers and game has loaded ok. I will try to explain as best i can what happens.
    I click server to connect
    Map loads to 100% and then "verifying client data"
    I then click Join server.
    The screen changes to show the end of map screenshot. (tv station, dome of Mosque etc)
    It then stops i can see the score in the top right corner but it is always 0 - 0
    I can also see a couple of lines of words in the top left corner.
    The game hasn't totally frozen because you can see water rippling, trees moving in the wind, clouds moving etc.
    The spawn screen never comes up. I can't escape back to the menu.
    If I press ESC its says "menu loading" or whatever it normally says but it never does load the menu screen.
    The only way to escape the game is to AltF4 or Alt Tab and close the game with Task Manager

This sometimes happens inbetween rounds and Map changes

This just happened over night, 1 day all was ok, next day this started happening. It seems to happen more when the server is getting full (40+ players) any less I get in no problem. Can take 6 - 7 attempts to get in game (when full), when I do eventually get in the game, gameplay is good with no lag at all.
    I have already tried Re-installing game.
    Have updated drivers.
    Have opened all ports for BF2, Gamespy and PunkBuster
    I run two operating systems on 2 separate hard drives, same problem on both.
    Another forum sugested deleting BF2 cache files, this made no difference
    This is not the "error reading from server" or "problem with connection" problems that have been happening recently.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: HELP!!!! Weird connection problem

Think I've fixed the problem. I connected to my friends account from my comp, played a game then reconnected to my account. Since then games have loaded ok. Not sure what this did excactly but hey who cares. Play on.

Comment

Working...
    X