Anybody doesn't lag in Titan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody doesn't lag in Titan?

I am just curious about whether if there are people who doesn't lag in 64p Titan mode, especially when two Titans get close to each other with both shields down and maybe ten sentries setup in each titan.

Re: Anybody doesn't lag in Titan?

my old pc used to lag like hell. my new one is fine

Comment

It lags a lot when titans are close because on almost every server you'll find noobs that spam the titan shields with the AA guns on top... grr.

Comment

Originally posted by DorranKame View Post
        It lags a lot when titans are close because on almost every server you'll find noobs that spam the titan shields with the AA guns on top... grr.
        I only lag like that when I'm in the hanger. Otherwise I never lag in titan.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
          I am just curious about whether if there are people who doesn't lag in 64p Titan mode, especially when two Titans get close to each other with both shields down and maybe ten sentries setup in each titan.
          Titan mode is only supported up to 48 players, that was admitted early in release of 2142, so any player ratio above that is likely to be unstable from jump. Dice added the ability to have Titans that dont move to make servers a little more stable, helped in a minor way, but good luck finding a server with that option.

But even with 48, on medium settings it lags to crap for me too. My buddy Choda_Boy has a dual core, and his game runs silky smooth, with minor lags here or there, but very few and far between. I myself will be installing my new processor here in the next couple of days, which is also a dual core, so we will see what happens. I will post an update after its all set in.

Comment

My old comp lagged left right and center on any titan map, my new pc runs fine on any.

Comment

I'm fine, I normally get around 70 FPS on a moving titan server.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                I'm fine, I normally get around 70 FPS on a moving titan server.
                Wow, I don't get 70 FPS even when looking at sky. Titan lag is a CPU/RAM issue. I found that tune down geometry/texture/terrain helps. Could you specify what CPU you are using? 6400+?

Comment

Ugh. No wonder titan lag has been 10x worse after I got my new graphics card. I don't think a Pentium D can run titan mode smoothly even on medium. Ground combat on both titan and conquest servers runs smoothly except for orbital strikes and whenever lots of effects are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                    Ugh. No wonder titan lag has been 10x worse after I got my new graphics card. I don't think a Pentium D can run titan mode smoothly even on medium. Ground combat on both titan and conquest servers runs smoothly except for orbital strikes and whenever lots of effects are there.
                    Pentium D, runs OK for Crysis on low (and high physics) and good for COD4, but couldn't handle 64p Titan. Actually, Pentium D runs not that bad for multi-thread applications, but Battlefield 2142 runs it like Pentium 4.

Comment

I don't get titan lag normally. I do get some on servers with really high ping though (like 200)

Comment

my old comp i lagged all the time!! new one, only when aa spammers, and even then, barely any lag

Comment

I don't lag in titan. Moving titan server, AA titan guns spamming, and I still get 100 max FPS. :thumbsup:

Comment

and you have a 1 kd ratio. buhhh

yeah i dont even bother playing titan with any FUN amount of players. when on a busy titan i be getting 15-20fps which is the reason i dont play it much.

just so nobody suffers the same fate. dont get a computer with a Pentium D 805 @2.66Ghz with 833Mhz FSB UNLESS you can overclock it and increase your FSB speed which apparently is more important when it comes to games, dont ask me why.

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                              and you have a 1 kd ratio. buhhh

yeah i dont even bother playing titan with any FUN amount of players. when on a busy titan i be getting 15-20fps which is the reason i dont play it much.

just so nobody suffers the same fate. dont get a computer with a Pentium D 805 @2.66Ghz with 833Mhz FSB UNLESS you can overclock it and increase your FSB speed which apparently is more important when it comes to games, dont ask me why.
                              I played with H4yd3n and I assure you that he's very skilled. He played with equally skilled players and owns average players in pub servers. He doesn't have anything to prove and he doesn't need to.

BTW, there are two solutions to your problem:

1. Cheaper solution: Get an cheap LGA775 mobo and an E2160 for ~$120 during Memorial Day sale.

2. Expensive solution: spend at least $500 more to get a Q6600 and PCI-e 2.0 mobo.

Comment

Working...
                              X